1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can I create a blog in dreamweaver?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by The Club Crawler, Apr 12, 2008.

1. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though it is possible to use dreamweaver to create a blog yet wordpress is a better option to use.

tech_savvy, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  2. ewin66

ewin66 Peon

Best Answers:
    on dreamweaver its very hard away,,,you will waste your time
    time is money am i right

ewin66, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  3. niliven

niliven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Yes you can create a blog in Dreamweaver.
    Dreamweaver is so popular is that is allows you do design either in HTML or using its WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) coding interface. This means you can drag and drop graphics, text, and other media right on the page, and then tweak your page via HTML if you need to. Dreamweaver even has a dual view, so if you make a change on your web page, you can see how that affects your HTML code, and vice versa.

Thanks.

niliven, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. cathpearse35

cathpearse35 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, you can make a blog's template design in Dreamweaver, but you have to be knowledgeable in coding, at least with CSS, HTML and Javascript. And it would also depend on what Content Management System you're using, and the hosting you'll be using. You cannot make a blog with Dreamweaver alone. You have to be very clear with what you really want to do.

cathpearse35, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. Sheri11

Sheri11 Peon

Best Answers:
    OH! that's a good question... I think that it cannot possible to create a blog in Dream viewer... But we cann't say anything about it, If you have a blog and you can copy of that blog and put it into the dream viewer you can change it, but cannot said that it is possible........

Sheri11, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  6. niliven

niliven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver can also be used to generate some simple PHP code. For example, you can add buttons and text fields to your page to create forms. Then in turn you can use one of it's wizards to link up to your database. Dreamweaver has only been developed to generate basic PHP code.

Thanks.

niliven, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  7. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Another dead thread resurrection.

This guy was last seen on Dec 23rd 2008.
    Richie's post has suggested using WordPress so I guess Crawler is now happily running a wordpress powered webstie away from this forum :)

In case you missed his last words on Apr 13th 2008,

Clive, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  8. tekboi

tekboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was wondering if there was an easier way to edit my wordpress blog. Without actually having to log-in to the wordpress admin panel.

tekboi, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  9. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    The other way to edit the theme files is by accessing them on the server through FTP.

Clive, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  10. Allen joy

Allen joy Peon

Best Answers:
    we can create the blog in dreamweaver.

Allen joy, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  11. DOCtriN

DOCtriN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you can do it with DreamWeaver.
    But today, CMS (Content Management Software) is more popular that create it from scratch
    Some popular CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, TextPattern, ExpressionEngine, MovableType and many more

DOCtriN, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  12. andrewdavid

andrewdavid Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh man why you want to create blog in dreamweaver? You can create blog for free at wordpress, blogger, vox and on many other free hosting platforms.

andrewdavid, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  13. jinmin

jinmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't know that Dreamweaver can use to create blog...:) interesting...but Wordpress is still the way to go

jinmin, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  14. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Then you can probably also create a blog in Notepad.
    You mean creating a blog theme using Dreamweaver, not a blog itself.

Clive, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  15. rez182

rez182 Peon

Best Answers:
    i want a blog in my website. i heard you need to use blogger.com and connect it somehow with your website for it to work. how does that work? is it possible to explain it in a step by step process to do it in dreamweaver cs5? btw im new to DW cs5, HTML, website building etc.. but i know i can do it..

i have another question. i had a blog before but it was frozen and ill shift to a offshore server so i started to learn dreamweaver. Will using blogger.com to put a blog in my website freeze my blog account again? and ruin everythin in my website? i really need to know this before i regret it.

EDIT: btw i used webs.com blog before.

rez182, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  16. jatrasmara

jatrasmara Peon

Best Answers:
    why you dont try wordpress? and install theme that you like? :)

jatrasmara, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  17. lifeofftherecord

lifeofftherecord Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used Wordpress in the past and the plug-in features ect are great. However, just like the original post--- my site looked great but Wordpress has certain limitations on design. I then decided a couple years down the line to finally design one of those amazing photoshop sites. It looks like nothing I've ever seen, I even sliced and dropped it into dreamweaver to add html and flash music players and twitter box something like you might add to a Wordpress site.

I later became overwhelmed with the fact that some serious code knowledge would be needed for commenting on videos and fans uploading photos, etc. Down the line updating the site would be hell to say the least. So, is there a way to use wordpress or other to manage the site, like a control panel?

Also the little details such as rating, sharing with network sites etc, would not simply appear when someone adds a comment with a Photoshop/ Dreamweaver site. Either way, serious coding and the ability to update the site becomes overly complex unnecessarily. Anyone know if this is possible in some way or another? Can there be marriage between Photoshop, Dreamweaver and wordpress?? :confused:

lifeofftherecord, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  18. lifeofftherecord

lifeofftherecord Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a page of the site Im trying to build here: The internal pages will lack luster without all the simple but much needed wordpress blog stuff...

xxhttp://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/prahphet/pswebsite.jpg?t=1303623546xx

lifeofftherecord, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  19. RohanSky

RohanSky Peon

Best Answers:
    dreamweaver is only design for layout of a blog :)

RohanSky, Apr 24, 2011 IP