1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does your experience say about this ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by agravity, Mar 8, 2011.

Hie,

There is some confusion, leme clear it with you all.

Suppose i have two keywords ( abc | xyz ) and i made signature in all the forum sites pointing both of them to same landing page.

Now my question is, is this process ok or not ? I mean is it ok to use two keywords at same page pointing to same website.

I guess the second one will not receive as much hike in ranking as the first one will receive. Infact it will be waste.

What do you all say ?

agravity, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  2. cr0n1cal

cr0n1cal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both sites will receive a backlink, it does not matter if it is the second or the first!

cr0n1cal, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  3. LinkDominators.com

LinkDominators.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can do that, both sites that are linked to, will receive credit.

LinkDominators.com, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  4. pinkspider

pinkspider Peon

Best Answers:
    If your keywords too competitive then choose one.

pinkspider, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  5. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    Best to have two pages about the two different topics and separate link to each page. Trying to get a page ranked for two different terms is far harder than having a page ranked for one and another page ranked for the other. Theme is very important.

You can still do the same link building you are now and include them both in the same posts.

carleisenstein, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  6. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    This is fine if you have 10 or 20 backlinks. If you have 100.000 then you better use some other phrases or keywords as well. You don't want to be spammy. Having 100.000 backlinks for the same keyword doesn't look natural.

Let's take an example and say that you have a really good blog and other people start linking to it. Will they use the same keyword? Of course not. They even won't use the same page/landing page.

So here are some tips:
    - don't use the same keyword 10.000 times
    - avoid linking only to you homepage, you should link to your other pages/content as well

With this tips, it will look like more natural to google and other search engine and you could surprise yourself with good results.

If you are creating a lot of backlinks to your website, try to look more natural, not spammy.

BryanGFT, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  7. coolspot

coolspot Member

Best Answers:
    i was on G's webmaster forum once and one of the moderators was slating a guy who had 2 different internal anchor links on his webiste to the same page. based on that i wouldnt, would recoomend spreading over different sites

coolspot, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  8. Tara Dominguez

Tara Dominguez Peon

Best Answers:
    I am actually doing that here in digitalpoint because this forum is okay with that. However, I am not going to say the same in the other forums. Some forums don't allow that and they state that in their rules or guidelines. So it is advisable to read each forum's rules first before adding your signature to prevent from being penalized.

Tara Dominguez, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  9. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    Only the first link on a page counts, so just try to use anchor text that will count for both terms if you can.

DanAbbamont, Mar 9, 2011 IP