1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's New Algorithm Change

Discussion in 'Google' started by georgerogers, Mar 8, 2011.

Google has announced a change to it's algorithm, the new algorithm change helps sites which have;

* Original non-copied content
    * Research
    * In-depth analysis
    * Reports

...and by definition, penalises sites which do not.
    The second change thats is closely related to this one is the Personal Blockist Chrome Extension that launched mid February. This allows Chrome users (Google's own browser that competes with Microsoft's Internet Explorer) to block sites that come up in their personal search results. Google says that 84% of the most blocked sites are being affected.
    Implications?
    Site owners need to be consistently developing new content and introducing original pieces onto their sites to benefit from the new changes, or at least avoid dropping in the rankings. Either by falling foul of the new algorithm change or by being blocked in peoples browsers.
    Areas to target are:

* Blogs
    * Articles
    * Reports
    * Analysis
    * Research

This should filter out some of the spammers and at least google is making up for past mistakes!!

georgerogers, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  2. sawmynaden

sawmynaden Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy damn! Is it that hard to do a search before posting the same topic one million times?

sawmynaden, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  3. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    By the looks of it, YES, they're having a hard time using the search function DP has. Such is the fragility of noobs.

The DP search feature should filter out some of the spammers and at least DP mods are closely watching noobs to make mistakes!!

Grimm, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  4. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's helped somewhat but it's not perfect. I still see some spammy sites in the SERPS.

larysmith711, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  5. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there any "Use Chrome Personal Block to Kick Out Your Competitor" service?

DoDo Me, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  6. poppaippi

poppaippi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is a good thing..hey if you play by the rules then you have nothing to worry about..

"Black Seo Guy "Signing Off"

poppaippi, Mar 8, 2011 IP