1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

All my WordPress sites running painfully slow.

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by UdayDileep, Mar 2, 2011.

All my WordPress sites running painfully slow. My hosting service is bluehost. Is it any hosting problem. I am thinking of going for Dedicated server. Please suggest me will this change solve the WordPress loading problem.

UdayDileep, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Its more likely to be that you have a plugin (autoblog?) that is slowing everything down. Turn off the plugins and then reactivate one by one to identify when the brakes are put on.

sarahk, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  3. elicitservers

elicitservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you get lots of traffic & how many plugins do you have installed? Did it previously run well and then just started running slowly without any increase in visits? If so then likely it is a hosting issue. You could try installing a caching plugin like 'WP Super Cache' or similar.

Depending on how much traffic you're getting, I wouldn't go for a dedicated right away. Maybe a VPS if the traffic suggests it but I wouldn't jump into a dedicated right away.

elicitservers, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  4. mccomf

mccomf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you provide more informations about your sites. Plugins,Wordpress versions,traffic etc. More info you give us bigger chance we can help.

mccomf, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    How many sites do you have running on shared hosting and do you have any autoblog plug ins running?

hmansfield, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  6. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you upgrade to the dedicated server so you don't risk your sites getting blacklisted from some idiot on the shared hosting. It's only 8 bucks up front to upgrade, then they charge you every $8 bucks every 3.5 months or so. I'm not saying this is the cause of your problem but it's the better move to make rather than having all of your sites hit the sandbox because of someone else screwing up. I upgraded a month ago and I have bluehost too.

ThoughtPunk, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  7. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Either problem due to your hosting provider or you are using so many plugins on your all wp sites.

DON.

deluxdon, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  8. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bluehost is great for wordpress hosting and havent found any problems till now. i think the theme is causing you the problems. may be there could be lot of mysql queries in theme or plugin causing resource hog which is why it is slow. without knowing the traffic of your site, cant say anything about the problem! consider using wp-cache which could increase your site speed.

olddocks, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  9. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bluehost offers dedicated hosting? Can you give me a link please. cant seem to find it at the main site. all I found was an unlimited plan.

wptheme, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  10. ThoughtPunk

Best Answers:
    I can't find a link either. I signed up with the standard hosting then upgraded a few months later. My upgrade option was from within my account and I think you should be able to to the same. I briefly looked on their website and didn't find any information but I think there is a upgrade option during the checkout process. Have you tried contacting their live support?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    ThoughtPunk, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  11. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    Bluehost doesn't have dedicated hosting. You can only pay for some more powerful CPU area, but comparing to price I wouldn't recommend it. You better buy another Bluehost. 2 BHs are better and cheaper :)

BryanGFT, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  12. ThoughtPunk

Best Answers:
    They don't? See image below. =)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    ThoughtPunk, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  13. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    A dedicated IP is not the same as a dedicated server. I have a dedicated server and all of my sites have dedicated IP's. Not the same thing.

hmansfield, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  14. chrisceo

chrisceo Peon

Best Answers:
    Switch to a virtual private server for $5 - 15 per month and the main issue is the restriction of memory on your shared hosting account. 1and1, another shared hosting provider, runs horribly because they restrict you on memory. When you autoupgrade, the upgrade hangs then fails. I could set you up on a virtual private server with no issues whatsoever.

chrisceo, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  15. ahost

ahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    For recent WordPress versions a caching plugin is a must.

ahost, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  16. brandonbw

brandonbw Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the best caching plugin to use? I am having this issue too. I don't want to upgrade my host just yet either, though what kind of hosting is best for a small business to not deal with getting put on a spam list because of other sites?

brandonbw, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  17. ThoughtPunk

Best Answers:
    I didn't know that, or maybe I did, or maybe I thought I did. I stand corrected then. This is why I don't work in IT. LOL.

ThoughtPunk, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  18. chrisceo

chrisceo Peon

Best Answers:
    WP Super Cache is the best. Problem is you delete your cache if you made a widget change or you will freak out about it not appearing

chrisceo, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  19. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    @ThoughtPunk
    ok, now you have the info.

@chrisceo
    I recommend W3 Total cache. Cache plugins can helo indeed. I'm not sure I understand your problem with cache plugin. Normaly this shouldn't happen.

BryanGFT, Mar 7, 2011 IP