1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does the people like? About website designs

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by puntodigital, Mar 1, 2011.

Hello, just a simple question: What type of designs does the people like?

All of us know that it depends on why and for who is the website made.. but lets talk about webmasters support and news, like coding and design sites.

If you take a look at www.webmasterworld.com you will see (in my opinion, my likes) the worst design in the history: a cmps of vBulletin and then vb 3.8 forums..

But, why these site has a lot of traffic? Does people like thise design? I do not know..but i know that the people loves the content..

I am writting about that becouse i want to made and spanish webmaster support, but i really do not know what does webmasters (the people supouse to visit these type of sites) like.

Tell me, in ten words what does a webmaster support site must look like. And please tell me how to improve www.puntodigital.org, my spanish site

Note: this is not about spam, you know digitalpoint is much better than webmasterworld. Just what alexa rank says.

puntodigital, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    for established websites design matters less in most cases; not all.

for new sites design is a big factor attracting new audience. i would prefer simple, appealing, fast loading, easy navigating design for any site.

webcosmo, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  3. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    Established sites(like webmasterworld.com) the design doesn't matter as much, because they already have lots of content, and active members. However, a new attractive design would help a lot with getting new active members.

cheesee, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  4. markgmktg

markgmktg Peon

Best Answers:
    For new websites a highly attractive and high quality design is in most cases a must if you're selling a product. Just take a look at the websites on clickbank that have the highest gravity (meaning making the most sales) and then get a website designer do you something like these.

But for the webmaster site you're trying to get off the ground usually just a high quality theme related to the webmaster topic should do it. Also the key point to remember is that to get a lot of traffic your site should be good with the search engines (Google for instance) and nicely SEO'd for that purpose. Actually, a highly ranking site in the search engines is the most important part in getting traffic. Design doesn't usually play that much of a role in this case.

markgmktg, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  5. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree! for a new website your best designs to attract customer is something plain, simple, appealing, and easy on the eyes.

Justin_Dupre, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  6. dbservices

dbservices Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is my list of things a design should cover.

The design of the site should have a layout that is easy for the visitor to use as I strongly believe that there is no point making a site that is visually appealing if they cant navigate or find the button that makes you money.

A nice header. good navigation, simple colours and a nice background with the important information in easy to find places like the footer.

dbservices, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  7. COPEAC Stephen

COPEAC Stephen Peon

Best Answers:
    Besides easy navigation, a clean yet effective layout, and all the aesthetics that come into play that make the site visually stimulating...the content on the side is what i deem most valuable. I don't know how you obtain traffic or where your visitors are coming from but if the site is visually stimulating they'll enjoy the visit, maybe come back again...but if the content is rich and you continue to load the site with new content, thats what would keep me coming back.

COPEAC Stephen, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  8. john81

john81 Member

Best Answers:
    I think good web design help us bring lots of additional business queries from our website. So having a good designed website can increase sales from our website to great extent

john81, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  9. mzonas

mzonas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really care about the designs of websites. What I do care is how comfortable and easy navigation is. I also care about the content. If it's got a very nice design but poor or no content at all, they won't have me as their regular visitor.

mzonas, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  10. brijeshtiwari1984

brijeshtiwari1984 Member

Best Answers:
    design youer site the best way. And always remember the site should be userfriendly or based on web 2.0 technology

brijeshtiwari1984, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  11. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    I would think that simple, organized, easy to navigate, intuitive, and creative sites would get attention. I agree with webcosmo, so if its new, its worth investing extra time to make sure it looks really good.

Oceanus, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  12. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be attractive and organize. :)

carol.prime, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  13. giancarlo

giancarlo Active Member

Best Answers:
    giancarlo, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  14. dragtastic

dragtastic Member

Best Answers:
    simple designs work best

for all my blogs I use a white or very light colored background - that works and is easy on peoples eyes.

dragtastic, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  15. rajeev_seo

rajeev_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Customised User Friendly Website Design Solution is our primary focus area. Understanding of user point of view is the essential and correct approach to deliver solution which will be globally accepted.. Before we proceed with designing, we keep customers usability behaviour at priority while designing a website. It is very critical to keep in mind the importance of identifying the target viewer and thereby optimising for usability and desirability. We develop the website that is easy to navigate and user friendly so that your customers keep coming back.

rajeev_seo, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  16. dimasis

dimasis Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    the design should be very attractive and must look expensive, it gives a feeling to the user when he comes first that your site is reliable

dimasis, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  17. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    - It should look clean.
    - User friendly and easy to navigate.
    - Friendly colors.
    - Not congested.
    - Not over the top.
    - Start small, grow later. Thats the best approach.

If you give too much away too quickly, it might frighten your audience and make them go elsewhere.

Adnan959, Apr 5, 2011 IP