1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

bounce rate

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by sacom, Feb 15, 2011.

1. piper01

piper01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got a formula, but sorry to say I did not understand that. I hope if 5 visitor are come to our site and 3 visitor do not stay there and not return again. At that time your bounce rate is 60%.For reducing bounce rate, make a attractive site with quality and attractive content.

piper01, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  2. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That does seem very high, anything below 40% is normally where you would be aiming for.

Bounce rate that high you must be targeting wrong keywords for your site or you have an issue with your site in terms of initial look or userbility.

What is your site?

johneva, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  3. johneva

Best Answers:
    To improve bounce rate you need to make sure your providing the content/services/products that your visitors are looking for when they come to your site. If your site does well for search terms related with fruit, but your sites actually about electrical goods then expect a very high bounce rate for example.

The other issues are apperance, quality of content/product/service provided along with userbility of the website if its confusing as to what your ment to do next or what to click to get what the visitor wants they will simpley go back to the search results and find another site which does a better job at giving the visitor what they are looking for.

johneva, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  4. PsHouse

PsHouse Peon

Best Answers:
    Had the same question about Bounce rate. your answer is the most explanatory of all.
    thank you too for the answer :)

PsHouse, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  5. janellelk

janellelk Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality content cuts down on high bounce rates..

janellelk, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  6. Viralseoservices

Viralseoservices Peon

Best Answers:
    78 % is quite high .you can reduce it gradually by valuable content and target content oriented keyword

Viralseoservices, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    78 %.. nowadays i feel that 60 something percent bounce rate already in serious situation if your traffic is low and your bounce rate is high. Try to analyze what your visitors want and change about to content to match customer need. 78 percent bounce rate will lead to low conversion rate as well. better bouce rate would be below 50 %.

JerrickYeoh, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  8. CaliLBC

CaliLBC Peon

Best Answers:
    Not very good, could be better.

CaliLBC, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  9. fluffybear

fluffybear Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why for some sites high bounce rate is good...

fluffybear, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  10. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like you say it really does depend on each site, for a forum, a bounce rate of between 45% and 55% is perfect IMO.

For an e-commerce site a much lower bounce rate would be appropriate for the simple reason that if someone visits you they are more likely to want to purchase something, and if they didn't even attempt a second page, I think that shows they just didn't think your site was credible, or they instantly realised you didn't stock what they were looking for!

JPMiddleton, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  11. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not particularly good, but more it's just acceptable, give that maybe you don't sell something, for example.

JPMiddleton, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  12. fluffybear

fluffybear Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks JPMiddleton, I think I understand the logical behind that. If a visitor go to that certain page and find something exactly what he wants, he might just leave the website until he comes back next time for some other things to purchase. Although he is still a loyal customer to that selling website.

fluffybear, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  13. johneva

Best Answers:
    True but 99% of the time even if the visitor found exactly what they needed on the first page it would be normal to then have to goto another page to actually purchase or something, the small percentage that would find everything they wanted on the first page they enetered the site would be within that 30-40% bounce rate thats classed as acceptable.

Anthing higher than 40% is normally concidered high and a bad thing, you want your visitors to stay on your site generally thats what most website owners want anyway, if your getting visitors leave after seeing the first page they come in on thats normally seen as a bad thing, even more so if the average time spent on that page is low aswell.

Of course the most important figure in your stats are conversions into sales or enquirys, if your site is selling products or services. But things like bounce rate, average page veiws, average time spent on site and specific pages all help to get you a better understanding of the quality of traffic your getting to your site and the ability your site has of keeping your visitors happy.

Imagine you have an electrial store, you get a visitor come in the shop and they see the product they want soon as they walk in the door, a Sony 40" flat screen TV witht he price and all the details you need, so the visitor turns around and walks back out your shop.

Now imagine your visitor walks in the shop and looks around for a big sign saying TV's then walks over to the TV's, on their way over to the TV's they also see a nice surrounds sound system at a special offer price. They say to themself ooow thats a great deal and keep walking over to the TV's find the one they want.

Now the first instance only found a TV and left right away after getting the price, may come back for it may not who knows, but either way they only want the TV. The second instance they have an increased chance of purchasing as they have also found another product on a special offer they dont want to miss out on, but they may buy they may not who knows but its an increased chance bonus to that they are interested in 2 products instead of just the 1.

Now I am not saying make your site difficult to find what the visitor wants, thats the last thing you want to do. What I am saying is make it simple as you can for your visitor to get to the product or service infomation and price. But if you can hold onto that visitor for longer, you have an increased chance of them buying more.

johneva, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  14. fluffybear

fluffybear Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you are right that the bounce rate should be combined with quality of traffic and type of visitors. There are many factors should be taken into consideration. Thanks.

fluffybear, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  15. piper01

piper01 Peon

Best Answers:
    @johneva : I have a site and that bounce rate is 60%. This site is providing Call center service. We are select this (Call Center, BPO and Business Process Outsourcing) keyword for our site . Our all keyword is top 10 in Google. But we are getting bellow 250 visitor per day and bounce rate is 60% above. Why ?

piper01, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  16. youknowwhatitis

youknowwhatitis Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that is a bit too much. A good bounce rate I think would be 50% and a great site would have a bounce rate of about 30%. But if you have a blog and all of your posts are on your homepage, this figure may be skewed since analytics does not begin their clock until the user clicks on something.

youknowwhatitis, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  17. piper01

piper01 Peon

Best Answers:
    May Be You are Right !

piper01, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  18. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is too high according to me it should be with 40%... Increase in bounce rate depend upon the type of site or blog. There are different reason to bounce like unattractive website design, poor navigation, slow load time, website dose not meet searchers expectation, too many announces etc are etc.

socialmediamarketing01, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  19. iproficientseo

iproficientseo Peon

Best Answers:
    78% is high bounce rate, no matter what is your niche!
    try to engage your visitors in site, bring it to around 35-50 %... bounce rate indicates that not many peoples are showing their interest in you site...

iproficientseo, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  20. kriishna

kriishna Peon

Best Answers:
    how can we check bounce rate...?

kriishna, Mar 8, 2011 IP