1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

301 Redirects & Backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by xsh00tax, Mar 4, 2011.

I'm new to the whole 301 redirect subject and need a little help as im unsure whether it has been done correctly as I do not seem to have gained any linkjuice from my previous domain.
    The old domain was ralatively new anyway and only had a pagerank of 1 but it would be nice for the small ammount of links that we had to be passed onto the new domain which has no pagerank and no baclinks.
    The old domain which has the 301 in place was www.andys-motorcycles.com and the master domain is www.andysmotorcycles.com
    It does redirect when typed into the address bar however our pagerank is still 0 and when we perform a scan for backlinks we do not have any of the old backlinks which can be found when a scan is performed on the old domain.
    Although the traffic is being redircted we simply do not seem to be getting the link juice, even though the links do actually redirect to our new domain when a user clicks on one our our partners links to our old domain.
    Does it take time for this to happen? We have only had the redirect in place for around 2 months.
    Any support would highly be appreciated as this is not something I have ever needed to pay much attention to in the past. Thank you.

xsh00tax, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  2. kattok

kattok Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Webmaster Tools, you can see which links have been moved, in few weeks you should see at least some of the old links.

kattok, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  3. LinkDominators.com

LinkDominators.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it takes time, Google updates every couple of months or so, so your pagerank should go up. As for the number of backlinks, however, you should not trust those numbers just because they are never very accurate. You will see some, and do not worry about the rest - even if those links are not SHOWN to you, they are counting.

LinkDominators.com, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  4. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard recently that either 301 redirects and or 404 error pages can be monetized with ads such as AdSense or eBaY or other affiliated advertisers. I'm quite new to this whole internet marketing/online advertising thingy and not quite sure how everything works, as I'm just getting my feet wet. Anyone wanna school me on how that goes, if they have knowledge of it? =)

EngineerofSuccess, Mar 7, 2011 IP