1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will anyone teach me the best usage of google analytics?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by amiabledeveloper, Feb 13, 2011.

Hi, I only know that google analytics show the statistics of our websites. But I don't know clearly how to use it for the best benefit. Please explain me the usage of Google Analytics if anyone is there to help me.

amiabledeveloper, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  2. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use it to see my bounce rate, new vs. old visitors, my referral traffic and my adsense income and what ppl are typing in to get to my site.

bigcat1967, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  3. itos

itos Peon

Best Answers:
    For example you can see how many visits you have, and UNIQUE visits. A useful thing is to see the countries and cities where your traffic is coming from, the keywords that the users put to go to your site. Analytics is a great tool! Hope you use it daily.

itos, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  4. Sumit Sharma

Sumit Sharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

With google anlaytics you can analyse following things:
    1. You can check the website traffic daily,weekly, monthly or annually along with their demographics as in from which country or city you are getting traffic.
    2. You can also set up goals and you can track specific traffics coming on your website page.
    3. You can also check from which keyword your website is getting most of the traffic.
    4. You can also check your website conversion rate by seeing bounce rate.
    5. You can check which page is serving as the exit page and what kind of keywords users are using to reach that page thus it helps in making more user centric keywords.
    6. By using content section you can track your user as in how many user come to the homepage and than how many clicks on categories and product thus giving you a details view of how users are surfing on your website and which link or category or product is getting most click.
    7. You can also check avg time spent on the site.
    8. If you are running an email campaign or any affiliate programe than by adding your analytics tracking code you can track visitors you get through particular campaign.

Analytics not only helps you in improving traffic but also helps in increasing conversion your webste.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Sumit

Sumit Sharma, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  5. signity

signity Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is a great service. It provides a ton of information about your Website visitors, and, best of all, it’s free.

Below are very important points that you could check out....

- Direct Traffic: Visitors that either typed your Website URL directly into their browser, or had it bookmarked.

- Referring Sites: Visitors that clicked to visit your site from another Website (other than a search engine).

- Search Engines: Visitors that came to your site from a search engine.

signity, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  6. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes analytics is a great service
    i use it to manage my blog traffic and i set up some goals

lead2play, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  7. Botchweed

Botchweed Peon

Best Answers:
    I use it mainly to see where my traffic is coming from as most other services don't offer that. I also sometimes use it to see what people are saying about it. If they link to a story of ours and it's posted to a big forum then i'll take a look to see if it's "this is awesome" or "this is shit" and adjust from there :)

Botchweed, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  8. WizardOfWisdom

WizardOfWisdom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you add the Google Analytics code to all the pages you want your visitors to see. It can give you stats on how successful your site is at converting to sales, for example. You can tell Ggl Analytics that, say, your "thank you page" (which visitors are only going to see once they've paid), is a goal, and Analytics will tell you how many times that's been hit as a percentage of your total visits. This is a very powerful stat because it lets you see how well your sales page is converting.

Google also has a function that allows you to track visitors' mouse movements which you can see as an overlay on your page. You can then tell where they went in terms of reading, looking at graphics or how close they got to the "Buy button" - and how many times. However, having tantalised you with that, I can't remember if that's a function of Google Analytics or if I found it somewhere else - but it's out there somewhere!

In any case, Google Analytics is a very powerful tool. Keep using it - just dig deep and play around with the reports you get - it's fantastic for seeing where to take your business next. It's even clued me in to long tail keywords (because it tells me what searches people are making), and as a result I've written articles and posted on Ezinearticles etc to boost traffic further. (By the same token, it clues you in as to which keywords aren't working too).

Hope that helps.

All good things,
    Trevor.

WizardOfWisdom, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  9. iphonesupport

iphonesupport Peon

Best Answers:
    nice reply thanks

iphonesupport, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  10. putradi

putradi Active Member

Best Answers:
    putradi, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  11. affiliate-bot

affiliate-bot Guest

Best Answers:
    There is not much more to add to the tread that the other members have not already posted but it is without a doubt the most practical free tool available online to fully get the data you need to fully optimize your site.

affiliate-bot, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  12. poxc2006

poxc2006 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Other people have mentioned the benefits of GA pretty well, but it is also powerful software and it can be overwhelming. If you have time on your hands, the Individual Qualification training and certification for Analytics will get you up to speed quickly. And as an added bonus, the certifications can give you credibility when approaching clients if you do consulting. Experience is always best, but it's just an added measure of credibility. Just my experience at least.

poxc2006, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  13. anu_smart

anu_smart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thank you, I really dint know how to track conversion rate, also, that mouse thing isinteresting!

anu_smart, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  14. Viralseoservices

Viralseoservices Peon

Best Answers:
    self study helps you a lot .google analytics is customized user application which is highly user friendly

Viralseoservices, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  15. johntropea

johntropea Active Member

Best Answers:
    johntropea, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  16. markhall12

markhall12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google analytics is a best way to know about our competiors as well as where our site are lie on various search engine.

markhall12, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  17. omegaman66

omegaman66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use it to track keywords and see if their is a big drop by looking at different range of dates and then compare. Lets say you make a change and you want to see if it has helped.

Or you can notice a certain page took a big dip in search engine traffic. Then you can look and see that you were being found for a certain term but now you aren't. So you can put some work into trying to get back what you lost.

Also spikes in stuff like all of a sudden bounce rate goes way up for a certain page will be marked on the graphs and you can see that maybe you screwed up the code and the page is now broken and not working properly.

I discover new things all the time.

You might see that google traffic for a certain part of your site all of a sudden stopped and BAM you know you might have got caught for a violation of some sort.

omegaman66, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  18. yofox2008

yofox2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I want kown it, but I can't seek that.

yofox2008, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  19. productsmarine

productsmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    valuable posts..... thanks

productsmarine, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  20. riyaad

riyaad Peon

Best Answers:
    my company is holding a free webinar if you want on using analytics and crm on 3/22
    bluelinerny.com/news/webinar-crm-web-analytics-32211.php
    hope that helps. its great for business once you know how to use it

riyaad, Mar 8, 2011 IP