1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google new algo affect - Full website or only bad content pages

Discussion in 'Google' started by sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Mar 2, 2011.

I want to know that google new algo affect only content pages or full blog. If it is affected only bad contents, remaining contents get traffic. And also post good content continue online biz. (reducing daily post one good article).

If affect full domain or website, all our work waste and stop online biz. Our website not get any traffic.

So i am interested to know and discuss about Google new algo.

2. Surajdeshmukh

Surajdeshmukh Peon

Best Answers:
    As content pages are present in website, so if the pages contain bad or spam content then it will definately have a bad effect on complete website and will lower the rankings as well.

Surajdeshmukh, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  3. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about getting the spammy crap pushed down. If you have spammy crap... just delete it now.

larysmith711, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  4. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    google also get strict to some link schemes.. if you remember google flag some big sites that apply these link schemes..

bogs, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  5. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    google said its site level, read the blog post them made

DoDo Me, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  6. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All of the affected sites site still have pages in the #1 position, so while the domain may play a role in identifying the pages affected, the filter itself acts on a page level.

monosodium, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  7. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a website that got hammered in this change. Many keywords that were living in postions 1-5 are now living in oblivion.

The site has many good backlinks, so I figured it was probably destroyed due to all the on-site duplicate content stuff.

So I started rewriting content page by page, getting rid completely of the dup content and replacing it with my own. Very time-intensive, but I wasn't going to dump the site without first seeing if anything could be done to save it.

I am seeing some of my rewritten pages moving back up into the SERPS .. not what they were at pre algo change, but in the top 15. Some up into the top 10.

So it appears to me that this may not be be a site-wide nuking, but maybe just on a page level.

Now that being said, since all my pages link internally to each other I have to figure that all the dup content still remaining is still dragging down the site as a whole. I'll get a better idea of how far I can bounce back once I get a bigger percentage of pages rewritten.

Anyway, the point of my post is that you may be able to come back just by replacing the duplicate/spammy content.

andheresjohnny, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  8. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have some duplicate content between two sites and the traffic difference between them (with the good site being hammered and the crap site being sent far more traffic than it deserves) got so bad I just outright redirected one to the other. Both sites were PR 4 and only the one google hammered was getting regular new backlinks added to it by people who liked the site. The old one I haven't added content to for about 4 years, the new one I add to weekly, which is why I'm a bit ticked off at suddenly getting 15k visitors a day to such a stale old site.

How long did it take you to see ranking changes?

RumpledElf, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  9. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started rewriting content on Saturday, 3 days after the algo change, and started seeing ranking changes on some of those pages on Tuesday. So just a few days.

I'm hoping that once I get a higher % of pages rewritten that the entire site will begin to come back.

andheresjohnny, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  10. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope, this new algo affects only pages and not whole website.

11. cary123

cary123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google new algorithm do not accepts the duplicate content.So that, it affects only pages not the whole site.

cary123, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  12. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is good, unique content get good traffic, some bad content lost traffic....

You have any proof - new algo only affect content pages...