1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 easy wordpress questions...

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by BandonFlyer, Mar 3, 2011.

I want to achieve two things with Wordpress that I've never attempted before and am not sure how to do it...

My design is a 2 column design - big left content column, skinny right column with widgets...

1) I want to have a 2nd page (not post) template that I use that does not show the right column, or...

2) I want to have a 2nd page template that I can use a different set of widget items for...

Not sure which approach is best.

Basically I have an optin box in my right column but I also have other pages that have a different opt-in for a different list and I don't want to show both.

Any ideas?

I'm not a WP newbie, but not a wizard either...

Thanks

BandonFlyer, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  2. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your theme.

1. If you are using a theme where you it has a custom template built in, yes, you can use the template without sidebar, or right column, but if the theme you are currently using does not have this feature, then you need to either edit the code yourself or hire someone. (be careful with scam though). Using Twenty Ten will allow you choosing a page without sidebar out of the box, without editing your files.

2. Also need to tweak the code.

KimiGermany, Mar 4, 2011 IP