1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help administrating website

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Wrongfully Convicted, Feb 28, 2011.

i set up a website over a year ago and haven't been working on it. As a result i have forgotten how to get into the administration part of the website which will allow for me to do my administration duties. How do I get into the site as an administrator? i still have it hosted ... is there a way to go through the database and edit it where i can log in as a administrator?

Wrongfully Convicted, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    By administrating do you mean logging in the CPanel?

If you mean administrating your website such as wordpress logging,then you can easily retrieve the login info by using forget password.

mentos, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  3. Wrongfully Convicted

Wrongfully Convicted Peon

Best Answers:
    well, it is not a wp site... it is hosted with a hosting company and there was a way that i could log in through the home page and get to the administration part of the website

Wrongfully Convicted, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  4. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you...tried contacting the hosting company?? Seems like that would make the most sense.

WSWD, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  5. Wrongfully Convicted

Wrongfully Convicted Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah.... i normally use that as a last resort.....but there is a way that you can go through either the sql database or one of the php files to change the pass word, i just cant remember

Wrongfully Convicted, Mar 1, 2011 IP