1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing "Tags" and "Keywords"

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by cali boy, Feb 28, 2011.

Is it not a good idea (double dipping) to fill in the tags and keywords when filling out my blog or would it be best just to do one or the other? (I am referring to the plugin "All in one seo pack") Here is the video that I found this on by Andrew Hansen starting at 1:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7o1Z3ZmlSc&feature=related

Thanks,
    jack

cali boy, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems kind of repetitive don't it? Considering search engines do not use Meta keywords, and people do not use Meta keywords, who does that leave to use Meta keywords? Just the author of the post. Kind of silly to even enter them in there if you ask me.

Dodger, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  3. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    That's right. Just write descriptive title and good content. You don't have to worry about Meta keywords. As long as you are writing content for your visitors it will be fine.
    As far as concerning using tags, it's normal to have tags related to your post content, regardless of keyword usage. Also, don't waste your time using META description for your posts. Google is smart, G will find some description anyways :)

BryanGFT, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  4. reneefoo

reneefoo Peon

Best Answers:
    so we can simply leave the TAGS blank as it is?

reneefoo, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  5. BryanGFT

BryanGFT Peon

Best Answers:
    I advise to use "post tags" - keywords or phrases related to your post, but don't bother with HTML META TAGS like description and keywords, especially description. Leave this to Google and other search engines. Why would you need description if you just wrote a good article? :cool:

- descriptive title
    - good content
    - tags (optional but recommended)

that's it

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    BryanGFT, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  6. trimeazza

trimeazza Peon

Best Answers:
    I think for add tag on wordpress you can use auto tags plugins

trimeazza, Mar 16, 2011 IP