1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amusing Microsoft Restricted Domain Name Story

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by finman, Feb 27, 2011.

I recently had my site hosted on Office Live and was interested in buying the domain name www.documentaryconnection.com. After making the request to microsoft I recieved this email response from them:

I understand that you are trying to re-delegate the domain "documentaryconnection.com" to your Microsoft Office Live account. However, you are unable to proceed with it as you are receiving a message stating "word or phrase that is not allowed". I value the importance of your concern.

Mr. Phinney, due to security and privacy reasons, Microsoft Office Live restricts use of some words and phrases which are associated with some specific organization or a specific thing. In your case "c_um" is the word, which is restricting you from redirecting the domain "documentaryconnection.com" to your Microsoft Office Live account.

Honestly I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Needless to say I did buy the domain name from GoDaddy.com , moved my site over to Google Sites and everything is good.:)

finman, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  2. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pathetic! Good job I'm not in the Cumberland Sausage business, I'm not dealing with cumbersome problems, and I don't sell cucumbers! I bet they wouldn't let me list my site that sells sextants either, and especially not my site all about shitake mushrooms!

carleisenstein, Feb 27, 2011 IP
    YMC likes this.
  3. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my case, I get hiccups (like just now) when I laugh hard. Ah well, that's Microsoft for
    you.

Dave Zan, Feb 27, 2011 IP