1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the best kind of link to build?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Duvan Orjuela, Feb 25, 2011.

My name is Duvan, I work in an engineering company and we are working in our new web site. We want to start getting a lot of visits and for that we have built several links in different directories. We have worked in two main keywords and we are starting to write articles for our site. However we don't see much of a progress when we search for this keywords in google, and I wonder, If I'm going to build links to our site, What's the best kind of links to build? How do I build this links correctly?

I would appreciate your help.
    ;)

Duvan Orjuela, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  2. joy1986joy

joy1986joy Member

Best Answers:
    Try Blog posting, Blog commenting, Social bookmarking.

joy1986joy, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  3. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    It takes a while for your changes to take effect. Along with the suggestions about and what you are already doing, I think it will start to improve

Oceanus, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  4. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    The very best links are natural links - especially those from media organisations or established blogs. If your site has the potential then some good, old fashioned, proper PR (with a digital twist), is the best link building you can get. Also, putting content on there that people want to link to and letting it spread through social media is powerful.

If not, then the staples are above - blog posts, blog commenting, forums, article submission, blog guest posts, etc. But it's going to be a long hard slog!

carleisenstein, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  5. dulcet30

dulcet30 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have considered important ways for link building such as article submission, forum posting,Blog commenting, social networking and bookmarking,Press release as well as the old techniques like directory submission.

dulcet30, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  6. seb222

seb222 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best type of link building is the type that gets you links without you actually having to force them onto a site! Blog commenting, directory submission etc is a very long winded and spam like way of getting links out there. It also raises the chances of getting flagged by google.

Try to create content and free resources that are likely to catch bloggers, websites owners and, as someone above said, media websites. You can target specific demographics for more relevant links by altering your content to suit your niche. Once the content is done, float it amongst social media websites, forums and blogs. Make sure you build trust within communities to help you get the support for your link baiting.

If this is done well, you can get hundreds of links from one blog post or article or resources, across a wide range of websites that are relevant to your site. Really powerful link baiting can make it on big media sites.

Also consider contacting news sites, and offer them good content with you link somewhere embedded (consider press releases) - but try to avoid standard link exchanges...

seb222, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  7. metaseo

metaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Be active in forums and blogs that revolve around your profession, offer your help for free. Social bookmarking is also a very good way to get links. Twitter, Facebook, Digg, StumbleUpon, and more are good examples of social networks. Also get yourself known to the world wide web by subscribing to web directories like Business.com. Creating yourself a Linked-In account is very good also.

metaseo, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no magical method ...
    You must diversify between all methods

Dir sub
    Articles
    Forum signs
    Profile links
    Social Bookmarking
    Link Wheels
    Blog commenting ...

w3bmaster, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  9. Groovystar

Groovystar Peon

Best Answers:
    Metaseo has the right idea. The more well known you are in the circles of your field, the more you will get links naturally and attention. That is what has worked best for me.

Groovystar, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  10. George28

George28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog Commenting, Article Submission,Forums Posting ,Free Advertising Forums ,Submit Your Website to Search Engines

George28, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  11. indiarajasthan

indiarajasthan Peon

Best Answers:
    Articals submission is best way to get valueable backlinks .Try this

indiarajasthan, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  12. triderma

triderma Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission and do quality posts are the best way to build links.

triderma, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  13. Duvan Orjuela

Duvan Orjuela Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all of you guys
    I have another question...
    how is it that making Videos for internet can help our site get more visits?

Duvan Orjuela, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  14. Duvan Orjuela

Duvan Orjuela Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks
    I have another question...
    how is it that making Videos for internet can help our site get more visits?

15. Duvan Orjuela

Duvan Orjuela Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks
    You have any advice In how to make good videos that will also help the site?

16. suichiro

suichiro Peon

Best Answers:
    The best links to build are the links that are generating traffic for your site.

suichiro, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  17. Tara Dominguez

Tara Dominguez Peon

Best Answers:
    That is called video marketing. This will help in promoting your website. In making an effective video, first you have to set some goal and make it that people might want to connect to you. Don't make your video very long just to avoid the people watching it from getting bored, but don't make it too short as it might lack the information they need. After making the video, go to different video sites like YouTube to submit it. And don't forget to include your website's URL in your video's description. That is how the people watching your video link to you.

Tara Dominguez, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  18. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    best link is one way links... the question is how to get quality one way links... I suggest blogging, creating squeeze pages and journal pages maybe I also find out that pdf file can also be a good back links.

Excel 8, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  19. delstu

delstu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What about on site SEO? You did not mention how competitive your keywords are.

Each page should be optimized for a specific keyword phrase with a few secondary keywords sprinkled in.

If those keywords are highly competitive, it will take a long time and a lot of work to get high rankings. Look for a lot of keywords with high demand but low competition. Create a page for each of those keywords to get the search engines to rank your site higher.

delstu, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  20. surendrarawat

surendrarawat Peon

Best Answers:
    These are best kind of link to build.
    Good blogs, and articles ,profile likes, forums, social book marking....

surendrarawat, Mar 7, 2011 IP