1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO without unique content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by izrafel, Feb 21, 2011.

I know that anyone who has half a clue about SEO would say unique and sought after content is king since it obviously creates good link bait and easier to get links from high PR and reputable websites as well as create natural traffic.

BUT what if it's not possible to have unique content, say a client is just in a saturated niche therefore information is everywhere regarding this niche - unique and desirable content becomes next to impossible.

What would be the SEO strategy for this type of client? Brute force amount of backlinks and pray for quality links?

PS: admins why are my post replies not appearing?

izrafel, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The uniqueness is on a phrase by phrase basis so while it may not be unique to the user it is to a search engine bot.

You should have enough posts now to graduate from moderation :)

sarahk, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  3. evolutionvisions

evolutionvisions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With the new google algorithm change I'd say it would be even harder to get a good placement without unique info.

evolutionvisions, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  4. izrafel

izrafel Peon

Best Answers:
    That is true Sarah and i guess that is part of my question because if the content is not unique to users(humans) then it is obviously harder to bait links and have 'legit' links to your site. Which therefore means the need for a large quantity of link building to overcome it?

izrafel, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  5. Tessa_86

Tessa_86 Peon

Best Answers:
    No way, you can see that Google's new algorithm is marching against Content Farming. So you need to have a quality content in-order to pick your spot top in Google rankings.

Tessa_86, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  6. izrafel

izrafel Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree Google is definitely heading into the "quality content is king" area. But for argument sake, say my client is a local business that sells toothpicks AND say there are already hundreds of sites with toothpick information that rank highly. Then there really isn't much unique content you can create anymore?
    Then what would be the strategy? Simply analyze the competition and take them out via sheer amount of backlinks or is there an alternative??

izrafel, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  7. cary123

cary123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fresh and new content is loved by Google and tend to rank those pages higher.Content also tells search engine what that page is about and which keywords are stuffed in it.So, it is very essential for SEO to have a quality content.

cary123, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  8. johnmat

johnmat Member

Best Answers:
    You may give a new structure to your content, re-frame the content, put different different content over heading and title tags etc. But remember to keep unique meta tags on each website. rest go for some quality high pr back-links and you would rank easily for desired keywords.

johnmat, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  9. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Still possible but don't expect that can gain better positioning in the search engine. Great content is very essential for the ranking and increasing of traffic of the site.

derrickschwan, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  10. sofieseo

sofieseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Mate:p
    I m very glad to give u some of the best important information from my side.....
    Google is always on the look out for any website content that can be classified as Duplicate content. This is the last thing you want Google thinking your blog articles are! So remember try to use unique content when submitting to social networking websites.....
    I hope i was able this explain this...........................:)

sofieseo, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  11. leenasmith

leenasmith Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really want that your site must be get good position by Search Engines then you must have uniqueness that unique content...

leenasmith, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  12. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    You don't really NEED unique content. You can have very little content or duplicate content and still rank with the right backlinks. Not having content just makes it harder to get good backlinks.

DanAbbamont, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  13. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    You need a unique content not a copy of someone else' work. With your unique content and other SEO techniques, Googlw will sure rank your page high.

chinasa, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  14. izrafel

izrafel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its VERY clear to anyone who has even remotely dabbled in SEO or has some knowledge of SEO to know that unique content is AWESOME
    MY questions is what happens when unique content is not possible?
    Do you classify spinning/rewording someone elses content to be 'unique' since it's unique to search engines but not people

izrafel, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  15. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    If you haven't got unique content, why would Google want to rank you? You can either give up or just either use copied content or have little or no content and send tons of spammy link juice to your site. If you send enough link juice you'll rank, but it'll be harder to keep the ranking up than if you had good content based inbound links.

DanAbbamont, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  16. suichiro

suichiro Peon

Best Answers:
    No matter how high the competition is, it isn't impossible just to create a unique content. Being unique doesn't exactly mean that you must have a content that doesn't have any similarities with other sites in word per word.

suichiro, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  17. George28

George28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Create quality content on your website . Ongoing followers are a great way to increase traffic to your website.

George28, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  18. indiarajasthan

indiarajasthan Peon

Best Answers:
    Without unique content you will not archive good ranking . Which one hae the unique of that he will be on the top and you will come after that

indiarajasthan, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  19. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    Comparing with other methods for SEO, I think unique content is the best one.

susan_ham, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  20. izrafel

izrafel Peon

Best Answers:
    Great points Dan and that's exactly what I mean.
    I guess there is no answer besides spammy links if you simply ARE NOT ABLE to get unique content

Lot of posters are just repeating the same 'advice'. Pls don't repeat what everyone else has already said and spam the thread with "unique content is the best blah blah blah" cuz we all know that

izrafel, Feb 26, 2011 IP