1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Complicated question need some advice

Discussion in 'PHP' started by sumone, Feb 24, 2011.

If I had a website like youtube I know that youtube servers do convert videos on the servers it self via FFMPEG. I would like to do something as listed below and would like to know if its possible

Server1- has the youtube script and everything is uploaded to it.
    Server2- downloads the uploaded file on Server1 and converts the file using FFMPEG and uploads converted file back to Server1

Server1- Streams the converted file like a normal youtube like site would.

if this is possible yes or no? nd if so can anyone point out to some major things that would need to be done.

Thanks

sumone, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  2. yohanip

yohanip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vote for yes, i think that is possible, IMHO major thing to be done should be
    • database replication, as i think you have a slight chance of replicating database on both server
    • load balance distributions, some times the servers aren't just good enough ;)

yohanip, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  3. sacx13

sacx13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I presume the server are unix like. Use 2 NFS shares between servers one for the original file, and second for flv file. You get the file from first folder, convert it and save it on the second folder (both folders are on server 1). On server 1 Install NFS Server and export this 2 folders and on Server 2 mount this folders. ALso on server 2 put a script who check every minute if have new files on the upload folder.

Regards

sacx13, Feb 25, 2011 IP