1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange DB issue with WP

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by drew68, Feb 22, 2011.

guys...this is wierd...i'll try and make it short it to the point!

i've got a site http://primeleadz.com/. currently hosted at godaddy and the owner created the db.

the obvious error is the database, as i've uploaded the wp3.0.5 version manually and modified the config.php file with the db user and password but i'm continually getting this error.

what could it possibly be doing? i have no idea why this site isn't showing up.

any suggestions?

drew68, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    That error can only mean that you have the wrong database connection information. What did you use as the database host in wp-config.php? It should be something like:

define('DB_HOST', 'p47mysql92.secureserver.net');
    Code (markup):

Dodger, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  3. drew68

drew68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have it set as localhost. what's frustrating now is i can't log into mysql. i'll get that figured out but i know i have it set as localhost and not what you had mentioned.

here's the link to my phpadmin...
    https://p3nlmysqladm001.secureserve...ode_ci&token=d1ce30acf8e2ac2440316d153e714700

not sure if that helps in figuring this out but the owner created me a db and gave me just the username and password. i used that username as the db name and left the host as is...which was localhost.

does that help?

drew68, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. That will not tell you anything. You really need to get into phpMyAdmin, navigate to your database and you will see the hostname at the top of the screen.

Dodger, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh. My bad. You do not really need to go all the way into phpMyAdmin. If you go into your Hosting account and navigate to Datbases>MySQL, when the list of databases pops up, click on the Edit Icon in the far right. That will give you all of the details you need except the password.

Dodger, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  6. nirmala.prc

nirmala.prc Active Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot set "localhost" in godaddy based blogs. Godaddy needs different type of database server name.

If you need to fix in affordable price you can contact me in PM,

Thank you,

nirmala.prc, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  7. web-hosting

web-hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    connectivity issue - check your connection string, were you able to open the db in your phpMyAdmin?

web-hosting, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  8. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he already is onto that little fact. He is working through it now, and we are awaiting the outcome. He appears to be having a little trouble accessing the MySQL panel in his GoDaddy hosting account and this might be due to not having the correct login credentials or maybe a problem with GoDaddy.

Dodger, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  9. Samuel Jaackson

Samuel Jaackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

If your sites is new and you don't have any data in your database I would suggest you to delete your database and create a new one and then config your database connectivity.

It worked for me when i faced the same Problem.

Samuel Jaackson, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  10. mccomf

mccomf Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make sure you have all database informations are correct (username,password...).If you still cannot fix it pm me and I will look into it for you without charge.

mccomf, Feb 24, 2011 IP