1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site needs to be duplicated

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by ParaStorm5, Feb 22, 2011.

I have a site that my friend owns, that I made from Joomla. This was my first and only time working with joomla.

His company has expanded and he would like to duplicate the site, have one topic on one and another topic on the other and then have a landing page with the option to go to one or the other.

Can joomla be copied and placed on the same server and DB, then the content be organized as needed or will it not work because of the page names?

Any other problems that may arise from this?
    How can this be done by me (newbie) or should I hire someone to perform this task?

Thanks in advance!

ParaStorm5, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  2. san321

san321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla can be copied and placed on the same db but the second site will have a different table prefix. They can operate on seperate codebases but it needs to be in a subfolder eg mainsite.com/secondsite/

Heaps of guys on this forum could help you if your stuck or post back here.

san321, Feb 22, 2011 IP
    ParaStorm5 likes this.
  3. Lakis Vladimirou

Lakis Vladimirou Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    1. zip and copy everything in the public_html folder and unzip them inside to a new folder inside public_html/new_site
    2. Export your database from phpmyadmin
    3. Create a database from mysql editor and name it database2
    4. Import the sql file you have exported to the new database
    5. Go to the configuration.php of the new_site and change database name and anything else you need.

Lakis Vladimirou, Feb 23, 2011 IP
    ParaStorm5 likes this.