1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

pr drop to na

Discussion in 'Google' started by masterrio, Feb 22, 2011.

I am going to be short,

my friend is running an semi- adult forum, it had PR of 1 for a very long time.

Now, it has dropped to N/A. Earlier, it was noted google showed 1 back link while yahoo and msn had lots - above 1000, even they are above 1000 at the moment but google shows as 0.

He recently changed servers and his forum was down for almost a week I think, his ips are not blacklisted either.

I checked searching for domain in google , site:domain and domain.com both gave domain search pages - just did this to check if domain was blacklisted by google but it isn't.

I am not sure why my friend's pr dropped, can I get any sort of info on that ?
    As, far as I know my friend added the forum's link into link directories for a longer time now. None were done in bulk they had decent time gaps.

some info would be helpful as I could help my friend get a decent page rank back.

masterrio, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its very likely a toolbar error.
    a site can have a N/A rank only when its not indexed at all.

i think datacenters are updating at this point and you are likely to see a changed PR soon.

webcosmo, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  3. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The 1 week down period is the caause i think ..

As for PR as a number why do you care about it ?

w3bmaster, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  4. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the links never changed to the site, then your PR shouldn't have dropped that low - at least, it could be a toolbar error.

Is your friend still building links, or has he stopped?

ForgottenCreature, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  5. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is normal due to the 1 week down. Even the site could be removed from the index completely. Most probably the name server was also down in addition to the http server. "Expiry" on DNS records stands for this purpose.

makeit easy, Feb 22, 2011 IP
    Mightee likes this.
  6. School Games

School Games Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to use another tool to check pr. Do a search on the web for live pr and you will find a cool tool to use.

School Games, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  7. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    if it's not a toolbar error the site must have been down during the last pagerank update..

Koala, Feb 22, 2011 IP
    Mightee likes this.
  8. travisjoking

travisjoking Peon

Best Answers:
    some problem with your tool

travisjoking, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  9. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    don't worry too much about PR issues.. but, if it's important to you, then make additional effort in link building to increase your page rank

aira, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  10. ippomak617

ippomak617 Peon

Best Answers:
    You better contact Google about this problem.

ippomak617, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  11. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noted the backlinks dropped to 0 for google, in yahoo there around 2.2k+ backlinks
    And yes the data is still available in google to search, I have kept a free tracker last nite on his forum and noted members are still reaching the site via google search engine.

I don't but he (my friend) does, as he is claiming the higher PR would help him in link selling on the forums, other than that its no use to him as of now - atleast as far as I am aware of.

I am not sure about that, I think he is still doing once a week or once in couple of weeks.
    nameserver was down for 1 day, the other 6 days it was just forum was off, as they had some issues after migration.
    as mentioned earlier, other than for link selling I don't see any other use for my friend - as far as I know at the moment :)

just as an update: few free pr checking sites showed pr to be 0 .
    Not sure how no backlinks were listed, as dmoz listing shows as Yes, he submitted to various free dirs which had min. PR1

masterrio, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  12. masterrio

Best Answers:
    I am not sure u can contact any one in google regarding PR. Yes about adsense program but regarding PR I am not sure if one could do that :rolleyes:

masterrio, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  13. masterrio

Best Answers:
    just wanted to update that, the PR has gone upto "2" rite now. May be like most of u said earlier, the last drop was due to offline network :) My friend is pleased with the current result :)

masterrio, Mar 3, 2011 IP