1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to send bulk emails?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by code7, Aug 16, 2010.

Hey.

I have recently set up a website in the UK.

I bought 10,000 relevant customer details, including their name, address, email and phone number. I bought this set of data off another website, and am looking to use these details to market my website through letters, emails and texts.

I am planning to send the emails out in 1,000 email batches everyweek. However, I hear most webhosts only allow you to send out about 100 or so per hour, and obviously this is no good for me.

Is there any cheap solution, without needing to spend $100 or so on a dedicated server every month.

Thanks!

code7, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I've used http://www.qmailer.co.uk/ for many years to send approximately 20,000 email newsletters to subscribers every week. You'd have to ask qmailer about the costs though as accounts are an area I'm not involved with I just use the service to create HTML templates, manage lists and send the newsletters.

Lever, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  3. cbc58

cbc58 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    another issue is that most reputable bulk emailers will only mail to opt-in lists... so if the list you bought isn't opt-in... you may have trouble finding a provider.

cbc58, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  4. Bauger

Bauger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't buy lists they are never any good anyways. Try a nd build one of your own

Bauger, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  5. RioNomad

RioNomad Peon

Best Answers:
    Building your own list is MUCH better. However, sometimes for offline businesses you may buy a list of say Chiropractors in California and try to market your Chiropractic product to them. If this is the case, I would search around. Mail Chimp and Constant Contact will be a no go. But I am sure there is some provider out there with lower spam standards.

RioNomad, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  6. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does your product or service need to be delivered at a certain time? With some emails it does not matter when they go out, only that they DO go out.
    One promotion might not be finished by the time you start your next one, but that would not matter, would it?

smile633, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  7. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying a list never really work for me. Quality and quantity come hand in hand.. Do it yourself and it will pay off in the long run.

Justin_Dupre, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  8. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    rashida, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  9. mike burngasser

mike burngasser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good luck with blasting a list of people who may or may not be good leads. I'll cross my fingers for you, but don't expect much...

mike burngasser, Feb 22, 2011 IP