1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating Blind landing pages for Misspelled Keywords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by tjeastman, Feb 20, 2011.

I have a product that is frequently misspelled. What are the pitfalls for creating a unique landing page for each misspelled word for SEM purposes? I think that my QS would go up for those keywords if I did this. I realize that the pages would look pretty unprofessional but they wouldn't be found by anybody that did type in the misspelled keyword. Thoughts?

Thank you!

tjeastman, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No need to create a landing page for misspelled words. Good idea to bid on those keywords if there is a high enough percentage to make it worthwhile. Keep them in a Mispellings group. I wouldn't show the ads with the misspells however. Don't perpetuate the error, it won't do you any good. Same for SEO. If you have a page of the word misspelled all over the place, again, you are just perpetuating the error and that's not good for your brand.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  3. tjeastman

tjeastman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes but Google is giving me very slow qs for the misspellings. Shouldn't creating a page with those misspellings lead to a higher qs and lower bids?

tjeastman, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    Are the words showing as being relevant? If they are relevant, nothing you do to the page will increase your QS. You need to create better ads.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  5. JoebeeKenobi

JoebeeKenobi Peon

Best Answers:
    High QS is a combination of CTR, Ad text relevancy (using your keywords in adtext), landing page relevancy (keywords again) and what Google class as 'other factors' ;-). In theory using the mispellings in the landing page and adtext should push your QS higher... however whether you will actually get adtexts approved for the mispellings I'm not sure. Worth a try I guess...

JoebeeKenobi, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  6. tjeastman

tjeastman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the words are relevant. Basically isn't the acronym of a keyword that I rank 10/10 qs. The acronym I rate 3/10. I think if I have a blind page dedicated to the acronym I'll probably get a higher qs, right?

tjeastman, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    What I'm asking is not if you think the keyword is relevant but if Google thinks it is. It's what they think that counts.

No. That's what I'm trying to make you understand. Does Google think the keyword is relevant? If so, then great. That's 25% of the score. Almost all the rest is your CTR compared to others using it.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 21, 2011 IP