1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to upload a database to phpmyadmin in cPanel

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by farooqwani, Feb 20, 2011.

Hi,
    I am transferring a website from my old shared hosting to new server (cPanel), i have transferred all other files and now the problem comes with the database transfer, i exported the database from phpmyadmin and saved it into my computer, and now when i am trying to import this databse to new cpanel phpmyadmin, it gives me error : Access denied for user 'me'@'localhost' to database 'xxxxxxxx' .

How can i upload this database to the new server. Please post or point towards helpful resource.

Thanks in advance.

farooqwani, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  2. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

Make sure that you create the database within your cPanel hosting account first. Once done, you can use PHPMyAdmin to select your created database, and then choose your .sql file for uploading.

Chris

RHS-Chris, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  3. mellow-h

mellow-h Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like an interesting error to me. Did you try contacting your host? They might have altered the default cpanel phpmyadmin configuration file looks like to me.

mellow-h, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  4. chatcadet

chatcadet Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you assign permissions after creating a user on that database? Its in cpanel under the create user for database part.

chatcadet, Mar 11, 2011 IP