1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mass bookmarking submission. Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Mkcoy, Feb 8, 2011.

How Fast Do You Bookmark a Link?

Hello all how fast should you bookmark one of your sites pages/posts?
    How many times should we bookmark that page/post?

Apparantly we should make our link building look "natural" to the search engines and not build "too many links at once". Some people say they've killed their own sites doing this.

But we all know that (apparantly) it's a myth that Google bans/penalises/sandboxes websites if they do this because if this was true then our competitors would simply build thousands of backlinks to our sites. So that is not true.

However, Google is smarter than you think. They employ top world scientists that write different rules and algorythems into how to rank websites on the sewerweb.

But do you think Google knows when a webmaster is "self promoting"?

Google knows the difference between a bookmarking sites (pligg/scuttle/phpdugg) and a forum profile. These sites have many footprints are are easily identifiable and c comparable to a search engine. So it knows if you bookmark your sites post/page to over 1000+ pligg/scuttle/phpdugg sites.

So my question is. For all those who use this method of promotion. How fast do you bookmark your sites posts/pages? Do you automate the task? Do you have a theory on posting too many bookmarks on a single link at once? Can someone please explain to me all the hidden secrets of how Google works so I can manipulate it so I can be writing back while on a beach in bermuda?

Anyway. Mass bookmarking submission. Good or Bad? How and Why.

Mkcoy, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    for high competitive niche this could make a big difference.
    i think its a good thing to have as many backlinks as you can have.

to the least you would get some traffic.

webcosmo, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  3. melc

melc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone share a good tool to do this fast bookmark?

melc, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  4. HavenX

HavenX Member

Best Answers:
    It's best that you do what you enjoyed doing and not to worry to much of backlinks.

HavenX, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  5. superyachtnsw

superyachtnsw Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that it is good, because it will get more traffic as well as get more backlinks...

superyachtnsw, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  6. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Massive submission is good as it results in more backlinks which you need to increase your page rank.

chinasa, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  7. fdamours

fdamours Peon

Best Answers:
    Knowing that so many people spend time online on social media websites, you must realize that you can get a lot of traffic from those websites. Millions of people are browsing around those Social websites searching for distracting stuff and interesting links to enjoy their free time. You must do all you can to benefit from this kind of traffic.

Know that i offer a 1000 to 8000 directory submissions and usually it allowed to get my websites in the top 3 palce of the SERP. After that I do other type of linkign depending on competitors to take the no.1 place of the SERP. And that method is WAY more aggresive then anything social book marks could do ever be.

I also use bookmarkwiz to mass social submit etc.

Once your website has established a trust relation with big G, you can pretty much do what you want.

Dearly fdamours

After

fdamours, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  8. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If these are high PR then its good.

capstonic, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  9. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    If website is new and collecting backlinks in mass then google will consider it spammy links in short time.

desperateboy, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  10. jadeslair

jadeslair Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking as a link building strategy is a waste of time. Most pligg sites have a low pagerank and the owners normally give up on them in a year so yo will lose your link. They are spammed so much that they are hard to maintain. I would stick to bookmarking with social bookmarking sites that you can actually get some traffic from such as Digg. But to make it with them you must have interesting content. Which as always this conversation leads us to content, create great interesting content and people will link to you faster than you could possibly link build yourself.

jadeslair, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  11. lilaspr

lilaspr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just done a little research on Bookmarking Demon 5 and it seems to be exactly what I am looking for in terms of mass backlinks.

lilaspr, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  12. gethighpr

gethighpr Banned

Best Answers:
    what is the mass bookmarking submission?

gethighpr, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  13. johnny.litson

johnny.litson Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe mass bookmarking is bad when taken into consideration that you are bookmarking to every bookmarking sites available.

This will build a bad link neighborhood to your website.

johnny.litson, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  14. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    mass bookmarking = mass visibility and that drives good traffic too. then mass bm is not at all bad or ugly tactic for seo....try it...

Atco_Maart, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  15. M.Y

M.Y Active Member

Best Answers:
    its very risky. if you are in for the long term success then i would avoid it. submitting to too many websites/domains at once can be seen as spam and result in search engines putting a ban on your site. you also have to consider that your social media accounts can be banned as each website has their own specific submission guidelines to follow and if they detect software submission it can have negative results

M.Y, Feb 22, 2011 IP