1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to quickly get a large number of fans?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Anna Cheung, Feb 12, 2011.

Hey guys, I have been doing Facebook marketing for some months, but my fans increase very slowly. I have tried some methods posted in this forum, but haven't see good result yet. Could u tell me what is the best way to quickly get a large number of fans based on your personal experience? Better with detailed process. Thanks. :eek:

Anna Cheung, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  2. CVBR07

CVBR07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm by no means an expert but this past week I decided to do a little experiment with facebook ads. I started a facebook advertising campaign, where I chose to show the ads to people who were fans of certain pages which I thought were relevant to mine. I set a limit to 25 dollars for the lifetime of the campaign and decided to just sit back and see what happens. The campaign just finished today and I ended up spending about 25 dollars for 1,100 fans. I read in an article that it's much more effective to add something about clicking "LIKE" in your ad and so I did that. The style of ads I did was CPM (Cost per 1000 impressions) and it ended up being 7 cents per 1,000 impressions and about 2 cents per click. This was even though I had my CPM set at 52 cents, the amount you bid isn't necessarily the amount you pay.

The campaign ended but I'm still seeing more and more people joining the page and hope that it takes off virally, for a little bit at least.

CVBR07, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  3. sheikhu

sheikhu Member

Best Answers:
    the recent procedure was to suggest page to your friends but this also have been stopped by facebook so i m also searching some ways to increase my facebook fans........

sheikhu, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  4. Anna Cheung

Anna Cheung Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your great information. :) It seems that Facebook AD is quite effective. I think I can give it a try. By the way, what is your page about? How do you choose your targeted audiences?

Anna Cheung, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  5. Mightee

Mightee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its very similar to adwords
    you can target your audience country wise or interest , age etc

Mightee, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  6. CVBR07

CVBR07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I targeted my audience by the other fan pages they "like". The site that I used in the experiment was based around automotive so I targeted people who liked various pages like "Muscle cars, Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Dodge Charger" etc. Also, read up on making a landing page for you facebook fan page, which will even further increase conversions. I also targeted towards males living in the United States between the ages of 18-30, since using the insights on my fan page I realized about 80% of my fans fall within this demographic.

EDIT: By the way, in case you were wondering, the amount of fans I've been getting has slowed down a lot since my ad campaign ended, though since it stopped I've gained 100 free fans.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    CVBR07, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  7. msfitnesspro

msfitnesspro Peon

Best Answers:
    Um, I pretty green with facebook, but I want to start using it for ads. Is a "friend" different than a "fan"?

msfitnesspro, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  8. Omaster

Omaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Replace your picture with a hot chick picture. You'll instantly get many fans and friend requests. It probably isn't what you are looking for and I don't actually recommend this, but it does work. This is how those people that sell fake "Facebook" accounts with 4k followers do it. Same principle works for Twitter.

Omaster, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  9. CVBR07

CVBR07 Peon

Best Answers:
    A fan is someone who "likes" your fan page and a friend is someone who friends your profile. I personally think fans are much more useful, and theres no limit to the amount of fans your fanpage can have.

CVBR07, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  10. gsoftlinkz

gsoftlinkz Peon

Best Answers:
    one software can help try google it out

gsoftlinkz, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  11. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want fans fast then just buy some fans but they will not be a targeted audience. If you're just trying to increase the number of fans for the sake of a higher number of fans, it will probably not pay off for you.

Steve Marino, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  12. alia.y

alia.y Peon

Best Answers:
    You should be celebrity... ha ha ha Just kidding, You should try to get targeted peoples from relative fan pages and send them friend request. Tag them in photos and videos regularly. Buying friends is not beneficial. As they are not quality traffic peoples.

alia.y, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  13. DIGITALCHAMELEON

DIGITALCHAMELEON Peon

Best Answers:
    have a lot of friends first then suggest your fanpage to your friends or post something interesting into your fan page so people may get attract to visit and become a fan on your page.

DIGITALCHAMELEON, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  14. ithates3bu

ithates3bu Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, with the "Suggest to Friends" option gone, how far can we go with using fake accounts to get fans on our Facebook page. Hardly works. Even when I make them Admins it doesn't seem to work.

Apparently, Facebook doesn't send a Page suggestion request to people any more with notifications (you know those that you get in red). It is shown on the right as "Recommended Pages" whenever someone "Suggests a page to their friends" even as an admin.

ithates3bu, Feb 19, 2011 IP