1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wordpress list posts

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mezner, Feb 16, 2011.

Is there a simple way I can lists posts on a page, then have a bottom navigation menu to view older posts? When a user clicks "view more" it brings them to the full thing.

Is there code I can get for JUST that? I tried taking some themes apart and I can't figure it out. What I want is to have a blog section on a wordpress theme, but not have it on the index. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: I want the loop on a page like www.myblog.com/blog (note: Do I have to place the blog on that file? The rest of wordpress is located in the root and I'd like to keep it that way if possible)
    edit2: /blog is the page in wordpress, just trying to get that straight.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    mezner, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  2. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have my site set up like this. It is under Settings in your Dashboard. Settings>Reading to be exact. There you can set a static home page and put you blog posts on a subdomain. You have to create the Pages first though. Make sure you have a static page created...like a Home page, and then create a blank page called "Blog". When you set the "Blog" page as your Post Page as shown below, it will automatically appear like this: www.yourdomain.com/blog

[​IMG]

waxingpoetic, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  3. w4dev

w4dev Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not a problem now. The w4 post list plugin made this easy. Display your post list in your page or post content area or in sidebar. Just try and see how it works. Just search on google to get this.

w4dev, Feb 25, 2011 IP