1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Watermark on eBay picture?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by alvin1972, Nov 23, 2010.

Do you guys watermark your picture when posting to eBay? Just wonder what is the advantages? Thanks

alvin1972, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  2. onlinebisnes

onlinebisnes Peon

Best Answers:
    I also want to know that.
    I had my service on my own website, does eBay allow to watermark my ads image with my website url as watermark?

onlinebisnes, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  3. kshnbd

kshnbd Peon

Best Answers:
    At first I was not water marking my pictures. Several of my pictures I took by myself with my digital camera. It takes time to take product pictures. But after few days i saw another guy stole my picture and listed on his listing. It didn’t look me nice, so I contacted with that person and requested him to remove that picture and he did. After that i put my username on the picture as watermark only on those pictures that i have taken by myself, and if the product is not a used product and i suspect someone else can steal it. I use skydx.com to host and watermark my pictures.

kshnbd, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  4. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was selling diamonds and jewelery on ebay and all my images in the listings were clicked by one of my professional employee, hired by me. However after couple of months, I realized that all the images which we had taken for our products were copied as it is by doing some work in the photoshop. Since then we started posting our company name as the watermarks in all the images. However you dont have to display the watermark, it should be blur so no one can see it at the first place and if they copy we can claim for compensation ;)

China_girl, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  5. grakus

grakus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing your experience. I will watermark my own picture before listing it on ebay.

grakus, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  6. henrytraffic786

henrytraffic786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks great information really helpful

henrytraffic786, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  7. Blake Stewart

Blake Stewart Member

Best Answers:
    You can watermark your pics but only if you are worried about someone stealing your photos for their own use. If you don't care about that it doesn't matter.

Blake Stewart, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  8. auctionsifu

auctionsifu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

Shireen here :)

Watermark is to prevent other ebay seller stealing your pictures

auctionsifu, Aug 19, 2011 IP