1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google showing additional pages from a site in their results

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Blogmaster, Nov 4, 2005.

When I go on Google and type in Limahl, the first 2 results are http://www.limahl.co.uk and http://www.limahl.com
    The first one is the unofficial Fan Site and the second one is the Official one.
    Not only is the unofficial site #1, it also shows 4 additional pages from the site.

Why is that?

Blogmaster, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great find, and great feature from google. It appears to be taking a generalized term and showing more specific results from within that result for the given page. Cool feature IMO.

GRIM, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but what I'm wondering is how they assign the specific sites to do that with. Do they do it automized or by hand :confused:

Edit: was going to put this under website reviews, sorry.

Blogmaster, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would 'guess' it's automated, a bit different rework of their dual listing they have done for sometime when a site had many pages on a generalized search term. Appears in my view to be possibly the end results of their overall rerank that has been going on, or at least I will hope that's what it is.

GRIM, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure it's automated. This has been happening for awhile. I read about it at www.seoroundtable.com or forums.searchenginewatch.com ....not sure which. I believe it's a test of some sort.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Update: got info from matt. He's informed me that it's algorithmic. What amazes me is about Yahoo! using the same concept when in reality it's supposed to be something done originally. Yahoo! is really like Google's little brother trying to catch up and imitating everything that they do :)

Blogmaster, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  8. divya101101

divya101101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Grim You are right, It is not possible for a person to handle thousands of sites, so for this point of view I think all task is going to be automated.
    Google is master of all search engine and showing most relevant pages to users that's why it showing two pages one after another to navigate user more properly on a right destination.

divya101101, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  9. Sachin Kumar

Sachin Kumar Peon

Best Answers:
    That is called site link google shows this link according to website structure which web page is useful for visitor so that is good.

Sachin Kumar, Feb 13, 2011 IP