1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to split income with partner using paypal. Different countries

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by anions, Feb 10, 2011.

Hi folks,

I'm in India while my biz partner is in the US.

Is there any way I can use paypal or any other payment processor to automatically
    split incoming payments 50-50% to our respective accounts?

Or could I set up a separate paypal account for our business and then use it
    to transfer half the money to my bank account (in india) and half to his.

Is this legal and allowed by paypal?

Please advice,

Thanks,
    anions

anions, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    You could have a paypal account which you both have access to and then manually transfer 50% into your personal paypal accounts each. This allows you each to see all the transactions and so not fear that one may be ripping the other off but of cause the password could be changed by one and thus locking the other out.

AstarothSolutions, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  3. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The issue is not of trust. I don't fear him ripping me off - I just want to make the process more convenient.

Also, if I already have an account, can I create another paypal account (can we have multiple accounts?)

Also, if he creates a US based account, will I be able to transfer money directly to my Indian bank from it (i dont want to lose money on multiple transfers to paypal accounts)

anions, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  4. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:

Yes,Paypal allows 2 accounts(personal & premier/business) per person

Moses8595, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  5. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Do you think that its allowed by paypal (login from INDIA as well as from US) ? I don't think so as paypal will limit that account immediately.

DON.

deluxdon, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  6. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can apply for a PayPal business account from within the India. As you said, your partner is in United States so creating another business account from India should not be a problem.

Paypal allows everyone to create two accounts (one personal and other premier/business).

Hope this helps.

Disguised, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  7. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but how will he transfer money to his bank account if I create an Indian business account.

anions, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  8. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Based on your above statement your partner needs to withdraw funds from pp account to his bank account then send 50% money to you through wire transfer.

DON.

deluxdon, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  9. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That way you both will have your country's respective PayPal accounts.

Can't you guys just take half payments on each PayPal?

10. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yea thats a good idea, we thought of that but wanna avoid wire transfer.

yea, but we dont want to lose another 3% on stupid paypal fees. As it is, paypal gives me rs 2 less per dollar (in addition to the 3%).

anions, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  11. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then Wire transfer is the best option in my opinion. Any specific reason you want to avoid wire or is that just the fees?

Regards

12. akshay1.1988

akshay1.1988 Peon

Best Answers:
    there is a site called xoom.com you can try that as well.. they will do transfer free of charge for $1500 bankwire amount

akshay1.1988, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  13. muhammad arif

muhammad arif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is possible as i have personally used it, one account accessed from two countries. France and Germany.

The only problem i faced was in the very initial when they asked me for documents, after then there was no problem until now. I access my paypal account from both countries. I don't know whether it would work between India and US as well or not, but here with me it works fine without any problem.

muhammad arif, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  14. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reason behind that is you logged in from Europe and they still asked for the documents.

I too don' think it's gonna work unless you tell PayPal that you are the same person who travels between US & India frequently.

Disguised, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  15. muhammad arif

muhammad arif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that may be the most suitable reason. In the initial they asked me for documents, and after then everything was crystal clear for me, in some cases, i accessed the same account from the countries at the same day.

But i never discussed with PayPal that i am going to access it from two countries, i guess, when your account is been verified by providing them the document's then they don't care for the ip's, that's my personal opinion, because i know several guys who access their paypal accounts from even non-supported countries, while their Paypal accounts are been verified with documents.

When Paypal is assured that you have provided the documents and your account is been verified at all aspects, the you shouldn't be worried about the IP address problem, ya off course you must take care of it, but must not be worried.

muhammad arif, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  16. aRo`

aRo` Peon

Best Answers:
    An other solution is to programmatically split the incoming orders in your program.

The first order goes to you, the second to him, the 3the to you ...

In this case you should have some logging in your application.

aRo`, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  17. carry

carry Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Frndz

BilltoMobile has announced an agreement to provide Sprint customers the ability to charge online purchases directly to their Sprint bill using BilltoMobile’s Direct Mobile Billing technology. This makes BilltoMobile the first mobile payments company to establish a direct billing connection to Sprint as well as the only mobile payments company to have a direct billing connection to with three major U.S. carriers (AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint).

carry, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  18. SkyisLimit

SkyisLimit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To avoid unnecessary fees and complications, Your partner can withdraw pp money to his us bank, and then he xoom it (online with his bank card) to your bank. The nice thing is he withdraws to the same currency, and when Xoom credits you directly to your bank account in India with good conversion(they offer good rates.) may be this is the possible way.

Tnx SL//

##

SkyisLimit, Feb 19, 2011 IP