1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

suggest some good tips for selecting domain name?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by parth19592, Feb 6, 2011.

I just want suggestion on some good domain name for a site i am planning to start. It is based on the topic of technology and computer software do suggest me that is this topic good or is less searched or more searched. i also want to know that is it necessary to have a blog domain owner name and adsense payee name to be same while applying for adsense. Because i don't have credit card so i think i will register the domain through my frinds catrd so is it ok when i will apply for adsense.

parth19592, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  2. cutegirl

cutegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    i totally agree to him! i have selected a completely strange name and it is also long, so i am facing now the problem of very less traffic, i am working very hard on that website, but result are not so good!

cutegirl, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  3. sagaradsennse

sagaradsennse Member

Best Answers:
    user google adword then find competition per month and searches per month then check domain availability with exact or add "-" between keyword.
    as per my suggestion competition is below 10 lakh and searches per month is more then 10 K or near about 10K it very best

sagaradsennse, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  4. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always just gone for two words together that describes the site.

RumpledElf, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  5. pavands

pavands Peon

Best Answers:
    @parth: It's difficult for us to tell a good domain name for you.. So go to google and search domain suggestion tool. You may get the desired.. I would like to suggest you few domain names.. check it those are available. tech-live.com , tech-bot.com techcomp.com
    @cutegirl: Listen, you need to work hard on your blog. My suggestion is don't lose interest in blogging. What happens most of the time is, when you start a new blog you will get more and more visitors. Its because you will have lot of interest on your blog. Later, after few days what happens is you lose interest. Same time your blog will also get less visitors and you will get fed up of your blog and stop blogging. So, even if you lose interest keep blogging. Create more and more back links for your blog, comment on as many blogs, sites as possible, do guest blogging. Backlinks will help you come up in google page. Visit my new blog techknowledgecentre.blogspot.com Don't think that if your blog name is long you wont get visitors. If you give quality contents then for sure your blog will get more visitors.
    Regards

pavands, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  6. webdreamer

webdreamer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest adding 1 or 2 of the keywords you want to rank for in your URL. This does have an seo benefit and it will mean your site is likely to rank slightly higher for those keywords

webdreamer, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  7. junkamaniac

junkamaniac Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to register a catchy domain name for building your brand. There is a tool at wordoid.com which you can use.

I do not think that the name of the domain registrar and the adsense payee name needs to be same. When I first registered for Google Adsense, I used my code on Hubpages like sites. I recently got a domain on my brother's name and i display my google ads. There is no problem with it.

junkamaniac, Feb 10, 2011 IP