1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by julietevents, Feb 4, 2011.

hello all

what is affiliate marketing? and how its work

julietevents, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  2. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
  3. Ryzon

Ryzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Marketing refers to marketing products and services that you do NOT own for a commssion, which is normally a percentage of the profit.

The concept of Affiliate Marketing is very simple, but in reality it takes time and persistence to see significant results.

The main steps of affiliate marketing are:
    1. Find a niche in a profitable market
    2. ONLY then, you should go to clickbank(dot)com or commision junction
    3. look for the top converting products there and then grab your affiliate link
    4. Now, you just have to promote the links to generate sales and commissions
    There are a gazillion ways to promote, which are beyond the scope of this post.

Either google it, hang around in the forums to find the answers or you can also grab a FREE ebook in my signature.

Best Of Luck! :cool:

Ryzon, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  4. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First and foremost thing that you have to consider is 'what are you good at'? and what product can you sell ?

There are lots and lots of products which are sold on the net and many company appoint other people to sell their product, which are called affiliates. You can be an affiliate of a product or even to sell a software or just to bring in traffic for some high rated sites. For example poker game, you just have to get some players who can play on a certain site and you get some commission from the money these players deposit. Now these people you can even get from your daily routine life like your personal blog readers, your networking site friends (like facebook, myspace etc..) This whole process you can call it as affiliate marketing, ofcourse it has lot more, but I have just given you a brief idea.

China_girl, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  5. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you will get some percentage for your intermediate services from the company whose affiliate you are.

WorksForWeb, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  6. Genesis1

Genesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    earn % by selling not your things.

Genesis1, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  7. Scrilla650

Scrilla650 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's getting paid for selling other peoples stuff (ie....ebooks, hard goods).

Check my signature for a great resource to learn affiliate marketing.

Scrilla650, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  8. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    g36, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  9. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    Adnan959, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  10. shahzaibpki

shahzaibpki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is to promote other products for sale to earn some extra commission without maintaining physical inventory....Its very interesting to do affiliate marketing

shahzaibpki, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  11. NEFTALI

NEFTALI Peon

Best Answers:
    As the all the previous post stated your basically a salesman for the product of others for which you will receive a percentage/fee (mullah) for selling... I prefer the word peddling : ) That's the easy and straightforward part what's not so easy and in fact where the real success and failures come is with ( having, building, finding, gathering) a targeted market (also called traffic) to sell to form your store ( in this case your site/blog).

Now (in my opinion) don't just slam a site together and then proceed to fill every available space with a banner or adsquare. Then you'll become as endearing as a roadside billboard, only the road in this case (the internet) won't even pass by to see it if you don't first compel them to drive by. That's where a site (your billboard) must have something of value to offer FIRST! EXAMPLE: I sign up to sell barbecue grills from Amazon.com. If I had a site/blog I'd first offer FREE tips and techniques on grilling, barbecuing etc.. Maybe even a FREE eBook on style and helpful tips for cooking on a grill. To get the eBook I'd have my visitors sign with with their email address then send them the free eBook. Now here you don't want to skimp on the quality of your site articles or free giveaways. Your audience will quickly see whether or not your sincere about offering something worth having very quickly.

Once you've established yourself as a site worth visiting or having an eBook worth giving you my email for then you have created a targeted audience. Caveat, the simple notion of establishing yourself also means taking a lot of SEO (search engine optimization) techniques into consideration, unfortunately this is a whole other beast researched all by itself.

Now the fun part, once you've built this roadside store worth visiting and have shown your visitors (not customers) that your worth looking at then you can make suggestions/promotions/recommendations on a particular product you'd like them to consider purchasing... in this example our grill from Amazon.com.

NEFTALI, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  12. udaywani

udaywani Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is similar to becoming a agent of company for selling its service,product.One should promote its service or product through net by bulk E-mail marketing or posting ads on own web site.

udaywani, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  13. julietevents

julietevents Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your suggestion and reply for the same, i got maximum idea about that..

Thanks so much to all

julietevents, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  14. wiseman.wiseman05

wiseman.wiseman05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is the most prominent and profitable online business. You don't need to invest or buy any products to start this business. This is a kind of business where products/services are purchased. In a simple word, You'll have to join in any affiliate networks and have to sell their products in your market place.
    There is a pre fixed commission on each products and you'll be given a definite percentage on the selling of each products. If there any purchase occurs then a specific commission on that selling is given to the marketer which may be ranges from 10% to 60%. The commission depends on various affiliate networks and their products.
    So as much as you can sell, as much you can be profited.

wiseman.wiseman05, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  15. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    David26, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  16. scorpio007

scorpio007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think clickbank is great...lots of products to choose from

scorpio007, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  17. InternetMarketingBusiness

InternetMarketingBusiness Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is to make money by selling other peoples products, referring them through your unique affiliate link. There are many products and types of interest, its up to you which you choose. You can go to ClickBank and after signing up there for FREE, choose what product you want to promote. More ever if you need more help and guide read this affiliate marketing article, It has plenty of information to do affiliate marketing successfully. hope it will help.

18. p.caspian

p.caspian Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing, in simple words, is something like to advertise a product of a company with a referral link or code where the company will pay for each sale referred by you. If you have blog in wordpress or some thing like similar site where you can edit your own page then you can do it by using this and you need to draw traffic to ur site too or i guess you can use imerchant.com/webmaster.cgi ; but i am not sure i have just got that link. I need to make much research on it for my products too.

p.caspian, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  19. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    In short affiliate marketing is this,
    you sell someone else things, and then once they buy it you get paid commission.

Your commission can be from 4% on Amazon, to 75% if you promote clickbank products.

Amy Garrizon, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  20. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    These 1 liner threads are irritating.

laxman363, Feb 10, 2011 IP