1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sub Domain Canonical redirection issue

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tag44, Feb 9, 2011.

Hi frnds,

Today i have one very interesting question for you all, i hve give one website www dot aventurasmayas dot com pls use the url removing the "dot" word, which redirects to english version of the website here in Asian countries and US. So while building backlinks for it and doing SEO promotion work which actual domain should i use, either used the home page url till .com or to used the .com/english/index.php url. My client wants to make the english version popular and wants ranking for it. As the website also have the .com.mx Mexican that is the same site and it's somehow popular online. Pls guide me which URL to be used while doing SEO work, i have also add the canonical link tag in the home page, so should i add this tag in all the internal pages also..??

Pls advice me and suggest some good recommendation for me.

tag44, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  2. thesunny

thesunny Peon

Best Answers:
    Here you should you use this url http : // www . aventurasmayas . com/ english/index.php as by default user will go on this page .. so start working on this page

thesunny, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  3. aasthatrivedi

aasthatrivedi Peon

Best Answers:
    You should where ever the content or page is just the same just consider homepage and promote it.I think sunny has also said well to use the particular page as homepage but you have to choose any one page for the SEM or SEO and add canonical tag to another page so the page get crawled but it is not considered as duplicate page.

aasthatrivedi, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  4. clive2

clive2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As client want english version to make popular and to be rank, start working on that english version site.

clive2, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  5. tag44

tag44 Peon

Best Answers:
    But frnds if i used the domain till .com itself for building backlinks both in SEO and SEM as it got redirected to english version than is it going help me or not. Does it comes in search engines? I have already added the canonical tag in the english version page.

tag44, Feb 10, 2011 IP