1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will flash be dead ?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Charismatic_Verma, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just like you and I. Maybe a fault in the English language, but certainly two sides of the same coin. You are right, I am right. Leave it be.

Blue Star Ent., Aug 6, 2010 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know how you can be right since you're obviously wrong.

drhowarddrfine, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  3. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    PM me if you want to continue...

Blue Star Ent., Aug 6, 2010 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Have better things to do.

drhowarddrfine, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  5. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    whoever that says Flash is less secure than javascript,go google about it for example there is the javascript poor OOP implementation and different browsers issue, almost every computer now has at least a version of flash player installed in them since most web users watch videos online. In this business everything evolves nothing stays the same so same with actionscript in flash adobe can add new improvements and features to it.

phpwnes, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  6. compusolver

compusolver Peon

Best Answers:
    OOP implementation and security are apples and oranges. More people are using devices, like iPhones and iPads nowadays. Last year, more devices were sold than PC's and Apple is king of the devices. That means the reality is HTML5 is here now (at least for videos) and Flash is out.

compusolver, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  7. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

Although this is somewhat off-topic, it was Nokia that sold the most devices from the mobile revolution last quarter. LINK

Adobe made a conversion tool to convert their files automatically over to HTML5. They will not be dead this year, but
    I believe they will ultimately suffer from the HTML5 change.

Blue Star Ent., Feb 9, 2011 IP
  8. axlarry

axlarry Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you should all those flash games sites on the wild. And google is starting to "read" flash files too. So no, it won't happen.

axlarry, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  9. LoveArtHope

LoveArtHope Peon

Best Answers:
    I love a free market, which is what America is supposed to be about. Adobe is already fighting to find a solution. See. Flash will evolve and not die. http://mashable.com/2010/10/28/flash-html5-conversion-tool/ Plus I read somewhere that they are working on a new program to maybe replace flash that would be like flash but do everything in HTML5. The skills will be the same. The new program even looks similar. Adobe is a comeptive company and is not going to let one company dominate. It is when one company dominates that we need to worry.

LoveArtHope, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  10. chanif.alfath

chanif.alfath Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think adobe will not remain silent in the presence of HTML5 because they are in a business world, who do not want any setbacks,
    so I guess they will release something to bridge between the flash and HTML5.

chanif.alfath, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  11. krata

krata Peon

Best Answers:
    I think today, Actionscript 3, the programing language of the Flash player, has flourished.

After what? 2 years!

Flex 4.5 is able to develop natively for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry. Windows 7 in the works.

krata, Jun 1, 2011 IP