1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need YOUR help to pick a niche.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jasonsluck, Feb 6, 2011.

Here's the deal. I have a few attractive model type women working with me. My plan is to launch a blog / website which will feature them. On this blog, we will have recorded youtube videos, blog posts and live webinars where fans can interact and chat with them.

I will be generating traffic and promoting my blog on the known social channels such facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

My only problem and challenge is figuring out what the niche or topic should be for this website. Whatever niche I use the models will be providing the content in the form of the live webinars and recorded videos, so the theme must be a topic that any of the models can contribute to easily without requiring hours or months of experience or insight. Also, I want to try to work with a niche or topic that has a large enough audience.

I want to make it a theme / niche that any of the models can be comfortable with on the site, and also where alot of "niche" knowledge isn't required to contribute.

For example, lets say my niche was "world of warcraft". This is a HUGE niche with plenty of dedicated fans, however my models don't know anything about this game because they don't play it, thus they wouldn't be able to contribute relevant content, and the viewers would catch on to this quickly.

I thought about current events, and celebrity gossip, but not sure if that would be a good topic.

Whatever niche / topic I decide to discuss in the blog, I plan on giving away prizes such as gift certificates, etc to some of the viewers. I was also thinking about making the topic some sort of interactive game viewers can play with the model.

Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

So again the million dollar question is:
    What niche or topic or theme can I use to represent my blog, but will also be flexible enough for my models to contribute and produce content without having to spend hours and months to be an expert at?

jasonsluck, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  2. YANG

YANG Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have models. You have an business idea model. Not sure what the niche is...

Just let 'modeling' be your main topic. Then, you can talk about everything on your blog. You can talk about make up styles, how to put on make up, up to date dress styles, what takes to become a model, how to kat walk, throw in a little celeb stuff for branding by associates, fashion designing, and various types of topics. I'm pretty sure if you have that many models to add content to your blog, you guys can talk about everything and anything.

I don't see you going into a small niche with this for example talking about how to pose as a model through out your blog.

As far as games, do people in that niche play games (video games)? unless you mean like contest games then its a great idea.

If you have enough traffic and subscribers to the blog, you might want to consider turning that blog into a membership site for exclusive information such as tips and tricks and especially for videos. Everyone can get free information as a regular blog, but if they want insider tips, they have to become an member.

Maybe you can have each model specialize in something for instants, one will specialize in make up, and another will be in fashion design, and another will be for whatever. Just to characterize each of them instead of having all of them talking about all various types of modeling information. Then call your niche something that represents them. IDK maybe just to make it easier.

YANG, Feb 6, 2011 IP
    jasonsluck likes this.
  3. jasonsluck

jasonsluck Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting Yang, I never really thought of it in that light. I was more thinking along the lines of a subject that would focus more on the male audience, very good point!

Does anyone else have a suggestion or idea?

jasonsluck, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  4. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    penis pills / male enhancement.

Models should know enough about sex, and it's there's a huge market for it.

Christian Little, Feb 6, 2011 IP
    jasonsluck likes this.
  5. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Live webcam shows.

Just sayin'

dlm, Feb 6, 2011 IP
    jasonsluck likes this.
  6. Zachmo

Zachmo Peon

Best Answers:
    Modelling, Make up application (but the market will only be women or few men interested with it), Designer or stylish clothes, hottest trends.

Zachmo, Feb 7, 2011 IP
    jasonsluck likes this.
  7. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    The less clothing your girls wear, the less you should have to worry about a niche.

Steve Marino, Feb 7, 2011 IP
    jasonsluck likes this.
  8. CaLLMeDaDDy

CaLLMeDaDDy Peon

Best Answers:
    • Women wear
    • Fitness
    • Health
    • Woman bodybuilding

CaLLMeDaDDy, Feb 7, 2011 IP
    jasonsluck likes this.
  9. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey DLM! How's it going? Haven't talked to you for quite a while lol.

Christian Little, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  10. browncom01

browncom01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Another topic that I have seen beautiful ladies cover that interest a male audience is sports. You've seen it before. . .women covering men's sports, not just women sports. Do this, and you will for sure have an audience of eager participants.

browncom01, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  11. jasonsluck

jasonsluck Peon

Best Answers:
    All of you are great! I really appreciate the feedback. FYI, I really want to focus on the male audience first if possible. I want their pictures and videos on facebook to be the attention grabber first. If guys are attracted, they will come and see whats going on the live webcam, from here, I just need a "filler" something to keep them occupied and interested. The model just can't sit their or the audience will be bored, so I need to have the audience interacting or keeping engaged. If you guys have any more ideas, please share thanks again!!!!

jasonsluck, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  12. gamingaffiliatesguide

gamingaffiliatesguide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good luck with your niche, it sounds like you'll have a hard time keeping your models happy

gamingaffiliatesguide, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  13. gjd2248

gjd2248 Peon

Best Answers:
    Male enhancement seems like a good idea for your situation, and that is a hot topic, with several hot products. You would be dealing with desperate buyers, and that always works best.

gjd2248, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  14. vsundramurthy

vsundramurthy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    may be host a mini reality show, something like bitch fights.....

vsundramurthy, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  15. infotechdigital

infotechdigital Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the rest, health, beauty, fitness, and how to on other related topics.

infotechdigital, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  16. l_i_z

l_i_z Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With that current setup, I think dating site will also do.
    Beauty products or fashion are also good.
    They can be endorser of different designs and accessories.

l_i_z, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  17. jasonsluck

jasonsluck Peon

Best Answers:
    you guys and girls are very helpful thank you so much! I will need to contribute in the future

jasonsluck, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  18. godsfree

godsfree Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try and talk about how upcoming models can get into the industry.

What are the pitfall?
    What do they need to be aware off?
    How can they get into the game?
    Give information about what the industry is looking for?
    List agencies looking for models?

godsfree, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  19. bhseoteam

bhseoteam Peon

Best Answers:
    try googles keyword search tool

bhseoteam, Feb 11, 2011 IP