1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

mySpace Warning: Don't get friends too fast!!!!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Nintendo, Aug 30, 2006.

1. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know limitations do not change by account age but only depending on the server the account is on.

As we learnt some limitations are global and some limitations are server based. The newer servers are much more limited than the ones who were created on the older servers, before all the fake accounts began.

hextraordinary, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  2. AndyG

AndyG Peon

Best Answers:
    FriendFury, FriendStorm, trains are easy ways to get what I call low level friends meaning they are doing the same thing you are doing, artificially increasing their friend count in efforts to have an abnormal amount of friends. These folks hardly ever see your bulletin, much less click on it. I have found bang for the buck niche, hand added friends go alot further in the long run. I've had MySpace accounts with upwards of 15k train/FriendFury/Friendstorm type friends that didn't turnover as well as 2k niche, hand picked and added friends. The hand added friends are usually more receptive to your bulletin, more likely to see it, click on a link in it, and maybe even send you a positive message. Not saying the automated friends are totally useless, they have their purposes, I've just seen better results overall going the more "legit" route.

AndyG, Oct 14, 2006 IP
    Nonny likes this.
  3. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds right on target with my experiences. In good accounts, people will be eagerly awaiting your bulletins.

MTbiker, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  4. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    This is very true! I never use any of these services, most of my accounts are very targeted so I can taget specific areas, such as southern california, NYC, Miami, or many other specific regions in the US.

hextraordinary, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  5. ocbeta

ocbeta Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you create an account, and then do 500 adds (As in "Add to friends") your account will get killed.

ocbeta, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  6. helpmehelpyou

helpmehelpyou Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice find. lol personally I only add about 100 per day just in case! :)

helpmehelpyou, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  7. glasshalffull

glasshalffull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    does anyone know what myspace number is? I had my account flagged a couple of months ago and have repeatedly tried to get in touch with them to release my email restrictions. They reply about once a week with this response:

Hello,

That issue is currently being resolved. Please be patient.

Thank you,

MySpace.com

I want to call them and see if they are going to unflag the it, it actually is my personal profile and has no links or websites/promotions/advertisements on it and is completely legal.

thanks

glasshalffull, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  8. glasshalffull

glasshalffull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    also...where's a good place to look to purchase myspace sites???

thanks

glasshalffull, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  9. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MTbiker, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  10. urbanstereotype

urbanstereotype Peon

Best Answers:
    so, as far as anyone knows, is there a limit to the amount of people that add you?

i have a few hundred pages of friend requests :S not sure if that will get the account flagged.

that particular account is pretty new.

urbanstereotype, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  11. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    There is a limit, it used to be thought it's around 500 actions, now dropped to 350. but no one knows for sure. There is strong evidence to support it might be different on different servers.
    That shouldn't be a problem AFAIK.

hextraordinary, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  12. urbanstereotype

urbanstereotype Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i know that, i mean, people that are requesting me. people that request me to be thier friends.
    in theory that wouldn't use any of my 350 actions....would it?

urbanstereotype, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  13. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Only requests you make count towards the daily max. Some people suggest starting at 25 requests a day. Almost all my test accounts....have been deleted!!!!!

Nintendo, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  14. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    No. Accepting friends is not an "action" as far as I know.

hextraordinary, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  15. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:
    Something that can easily get your account deleted is by running a bot or script that will randomly generate "confim add friend" pages. Myspace can detect if you are going straight to the "confirm add friend" page or if you actually click on the profile, then click on the add to friends link. It's best use a crawling bot which clicks though each profile simulating real browsing, so myspace can't detect it. Adderrobot hasn't given me any trouble, and I hear badder adder works great too but I haven't tried it yet. I don't think those work for mac users though. I'm also careful to stay well below the 500 limit. I also let new accounts mature for a few weeks before adding friends. I hear the new acounts on the new servers take longer to fully register and could freeze or lock up if slammed with tons of requesting. I bet myspace likes it that way, if not doing it on purpose.

chaoward, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  16. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ive called it a day with myspace, after a few months, it got out of hand for me as i couldn't bring myself to ignore messages and comments on there, it got silly, was spending my day replying to people, a few days ago my account was flagged, went back to normal but by then it was enough for me, things get unstable to the point where im thinking i could continue for a year with the account to wake one morning and find it deleted.

Im not going to try and put people off myspace as i realise that for many people its been excellent for them, its not for me though, good luck if its helping you with your business, i hope it continues to help you.

pipes, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  17. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    This is the exact reason why sometimes it's better to pay for someone else to bring that myspace traffic your way, than try do it on your own.

hextraordinary, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  18. greenworld

greenworld Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear that you lost most of your accounts, I am sure you have learned enough to start making new friends a better way.

I have started with 10 accounts and trying to go easy with adds,
    but I don't want to get repeated friends ,
    how do you guys suggest to go ? age ?

I want to have room for more accounts as well, if everything goes well I will add more accounts and should be able to add more friends ( unique)

thanks

greenworld, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  19. MrMOJO

MrMOJO Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    just out of curiousity..

whats the difference between email spammers and myspace spammers?

MrMOJO, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  20. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Luckly that's what they all were, just tests accounts!!!

One SPAMs you through E-mail and the other does through Bulletins!!!! For example, had I generated 100,000 'friends' I would be bombing them with daily Bulletin spam!!! (The hidden secret is that the only reason webmasters like to get thousands of friends, is to send out Bulletin SPAM and make money from affiliate programs or get visitors to their web sites from that!! :D)

Nintendo, Nov 4, 2006 IP