1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alternative to Moneris for Canadian company processing mostly US cards

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by dowser, Feb 1, 2011.

OK, I'm with Moneris now, but they are scalping me! Most of my buyers are from the US and because of that - I pay scalper (they call it foreign) fees plus they use what they call "non-conforming" credit card transactions that they charge me horrendous fees for and can't explain what it means, so it is at their discretion - all in all - I pay almost 5% and I'm getting fed up and looking for an alternative.

I'm in Canada, so opening a US bank account is not an option now.

Are there any alternatives that would be a good match for me?

I use PayPal as a second method, but many people won't use it.

dowser, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. highriskprocessing

highriskprocessing Member

Best Answers:
    Moneris is a very reputabl company. There are only a few Canadian/USA Processors which has to do with your Candian Banking System.

Since you have a CA Business Account, you may want to contact your banker and see if they can open a corresponding USA Bank Account utiizing a VOD (Verification of Depositor)

You also do not mention how your company accepts orders, telephone, web site transaction? That may be the reason behind your 5% fees, which is NOT out of the range of a good processing rate.

BTW, I do establish high risk accounts, (Full Disclosure)

highriskprocessing, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  3. dowser

dowser Member

Best Answers:
    I use mostly website transactions with some phone orders, but I used to get 3.2 to 3.5% discount, it's the fees that kill it. I don't want to (and can't after 9/11) open a US account. I can get 5% with any processors like CCNow and do away with all the banking requirements that Moneris forces me to have.

I think I can do much better than that!

dowser, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  4. highriskprocessing

Best Answers:
    CCNow is a third party processor. I have never been a fan of third party processors, but, if you believ etha tis the best method, take a look at their pricing:

PRICING
    CCNow is the perfect solution for selling your products online. We provide credit card processing, shopping cart, risk management and customer support. You get all this for:

•$9.95 sign-up fee

•$0.50 per sale

•4.99% of Gross Sales

•$9.95 monthly fee if gross monthly sales <=$100, otherwise $0 monthly fee

highriskprocessing, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  5. dowser

dowser Member

Best Answers:
    With all the extra banking requirements of Moneris - it's actually cheaper! I don't care - loyalty works both ways. I've been with them for over 8 years and they can't give me a better deal - well, it's time to say good-by!

dowser, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  6. indiarahul

indiarahul Peon

Best Answers:

CCNOW is useless they only sell physical goods

indiarahul, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  7. highriskprocessing

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up on CCNow

highriskprocessing, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  8. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.evocanada.com/ can do Canadian businesses. I don't know the costs off the top of my head, but we work with Evo for US processing so I can definitely vouch for the company. Not sure if much can be done about some of the additional fees. Visa/MC both started charging cross-border fees for separate buyer/seller country transactions.

jestep, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  9. Mui2000

Mui2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you jump ship, try out a second or third option. Believe me, " The Grass isn't always greener on the other side." Read my previous posts on this topic.

Have you tried www.alertpay.com. They are Canadian, but I think there rates will be about the same.

Mui2000, Feb 6, 2011 IP