1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Have a Writing Services Website?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by GrantDraper, Jan 27, 2011.

I just wondered the % of people that rely on the likes of DP and other forums, rather than having a website. I find that I get work easily, but over time clients come and go. I've launched my site to ensure that work never dries up and that I can charge more reasonable rates.

GrantDraper, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  2. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd just like to add that for the last 3 years I've been working without a site :). The problem with this is that the rates fluctuate to whatever the DP members start charging, which can sometimes be a shock to a bank balance.

GrantDraper, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  3. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you decide "those" writers are not in your market because they cater to the kind of buyers (low paying) that you don't want, you will realize there is little to no fluctuation in the market.

Senobia, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  4. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And yes I have a website.

Senobia, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  5. kefutiwi

kefutiwi Member

Best Answers:
    A website is always much more beneficial as it is similar to a portfolio that you would carry around when going for the job.

kefutiwi, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  6. webmartini

webmartini Peon

Best Answers:
    I just had a quick look at your website and to be honest, you could sell much better than what you are probably doing right now by having a better structure to it. I myself am in the process of launching my website. The design is ready and it should be up and live within a week max :D (fingers crossed)

I honestly advice you to look through a couple of companies' website who are selling similar things. By the way, are you seriously getting better business through this website? Are you doing anything to promote it?

webmartini, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  7. dorothydot

dorothydot Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course I have a website! How else could I ask anyone to take me seriously as a copywriter? (Especially a copywriter who specializes in Internet copywriting.)

Anyone who is remotely interested in my services can go to my site and get a valid sense of my writing style. Want samples? Just check out the "Samples of my writing" section. Want to know about me? Check out the "About me" section.

This is absolutely THE most valuable tool any serious copywriter could have.

Dot

dorothydot, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  8. MarkAndrews IMCopywriting

MarkAndrews IMCopywriting Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with my friend and copywriting colleague above, a splendid lady if I may say so myself.

Copywriting is all about marketing, using every avenue possible to drive up conversions. Not only for oneself but also for our respective clients.

When you hire a professional copywriter such as myself or DorothyDot, not only will you receive very good and high converting sales copy... but you'll also be able to tap into our incredible marketing knowledge born from years of experience in this industry.

A couple of my sites are just below...

The first, my established copywriting website.

The second link, an article writing forum just launched today.

9. dorothydot

dorothydot Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the compliment, Mark. I very much appreciate it!
    Sincerely,
    Dot

dorothydot, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  10. shahidusman

shahidusman Member

Best Answers:
    Serious writers do have websites and buyers most of the time do look for them and it is good to have one too. You can market it and show people your experience. I work on Elance and I used to work quite easily too but since I made my website, I get work out of Elance too so basically there are more opportunities for me and I am cashing them in.

shahidusman, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  11. mindmedia

mindmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course, a copywriter SHOULD have a website, to increase his credibility, live sample work and professionalism. I am a copywriter, trust me...I know it.

mindmedia, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  12. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have a website. It's part of running an online business.

internetauthor, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  13. NightWriter

NightWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think you should have a web site. You can start without one or with a freebie. But, you need a main pro writing site and then a handful of other ones for the other aspects of your business.

NightWriter, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  14. musicsmysoul

musicsmysoul Peon

Best Answers:
    Every business needs a website. Without one, you are seen as "amateur." It should be a platform for you to tell your story and showcase your talents. Think of it as an online resume -- just more elaborate.

When I first started out freelancing years ago, I found that forums were a great resource. However, you'll quickly learn that these communities only get you so far. While it's a wonderful place to network and learn, you will rarely find a good paying writing gig. Most are pathetically low and are awarded to the non English speakers. I guess the "cheap is better" mentality lives on, but as most of us know, you get what you pay for.

musicsmysoul, Mar 1, 2011 IP