1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Genetic predisposition to religion?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Jan 31, 2011.

This article on PHYSORG suggests that the predisposition to be religious is actually genetic. According to this article, the "religiosity gene" is intertwined with the genetic predisposition for conservatism, obedience to authority, and the inclination to follow rituals. They go on to theorize, since "religious" people tend to have more children, eventually these associated genes will become much more dominant.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if the very premise for the article is somewhat faulty. As I'm not convinced religion is the main cause of higher birth rates, as it's probably heavily influenced by culture. But, to go on...

They don't necessarily presume that in the future the majority of people will necessary display outward signs of being religious, but say:

What do you think of these assumptions?

If genes that predispose one to "...conservatism, obedience to authority, and the inclination to follow rituals" did became more dominant, how do you feel the world would change? For the better, for the worse?

Rebecca, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My first inclination is to say correlation, not causation.(Jessee Jackson would use those exact words:D) You remove people from their culture, and you get dramatically different results very quickly.

I do believe people will find a reason to look down on other people no matter what their belief system. Even the most educated atheists in our society look on others with disdain.

Obamanation, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone is born with a natural disposition to believe in God.

It gets corrupted by the environment he/she lives in.

And he [Shaitân (Satan)] said: "I will take an appointed portion of your slaves; (118) Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allâh." And whoever takes Shaitân (Satan) as a Walî (protector or helper) instead of Allâh, has surely suffered a manifest loss.[] (119)

:cool:

IsraeI, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  4. Danielregwan

Danielregwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I believe in god but I'm not Religious and I'm certainly not going to follow a child rapist or someone who encourages treating girls like dogs under the cover of "decency". It's even more funny to hear them protecting rapists (The Muslim Men can't seem to control themselves when they see Women skin).

Danielregwan, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  5. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    In other words you are confused.

I don't think it's smart to go out and point out (what you see as) flaws of other religions, since you are in a state of confusion and ignorance.

IsraeI, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would tend to agree.

LOL. :)

I don't think so. I can't speak for Daniel, but believe I understand where he's coming from. Many people believe in a higher power in general, yet don't necessarily believe everything in religious texts, take part in religious rituals, or regularly attend religious worship ceremonies.

Rebecca, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  7. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    And this Higher Power is not capable of sending revelation to us? Surely if He can create this great universe He can easily do that.

To sit on the fence and criticize all religions to me just sounds like a confused person who is angry that he has not understood anything, and therefore goes on a spree of criticizing religious people even though he himself is confused and lost.

But nobody is stopping you, just does not look like a smart move to me.

IsraeI, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm agnostic.

a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a G-d.
    b. One who is skeptical about the existence of G-d but does not profess true atheism.

I don't believe there's enough compelling evidence to prove the existence of a deity.

Your definition of a higher power would probably be quite narrow. Most likely one that's all-powerful, watchful and judging of every activity of humanity, with a desire to communicate and send revelations. Alternatively, the definition of higher power may be quite different for someone else, even something as simple as gravity or nature.

Actually, Daniel doesn't appear to be "criticizing all religions." It's specifically Islam. He made a post to say the reasons why he would never follow it. You've created a few threads, and many, many posts to criticize Christianity. I don't understand, why would you believe it's ok for you to criticize, but not Daniel?

On a side note: I'm agnostic, but not necessarily neutral. In contrast to many atheists I know, I don't believe all religions are the same. As you're probably aware, I don't have a positive view of Islam at all.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Rebecca, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  9. Danielregwan

Danielregwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahahaha, what makes you think G-d needs to send us any revelations at all? isn't it logical to assume that you are already born with a purpose that your physical body will complete if you want to or not? (Destiny)

You and your violent religion claiming to know G-d's will, ABANDON YOUR ARROGANCE HUMAN.

Danielregwan, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  10. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, first time that we agree.
    Religious belief is the most common and ancient documented brain disorder of our species.
    I'm glad that I do not carry this disease. I strongly recommend you to defeat your nature and beat that disease of yours too.

ChaosTrivia, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Have you looked at how blood types and the rhesus monkey gene play a role when it comes to behavior and individualism vs. imitation?

Blogmaster, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  12. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah it's a heavy genetic load we carry from our ape ancestors and some people just find impossible to overcome. Perhaps its still early in human evolution and individualism is too advanced for many

cientificoloco, Feb 6, 2011 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Do you think if we wiped all those pre-disposed to Religion or Homosexuality from the face of the planet, that in 500 years there would be no gays or people of faith?

Obamanation, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The rhesus factor plays a huge role in this and its absence in 5% of the population puzzles scientists wondering if there was in fact evolution or if the original humans were rhesus negative and somehow the rhesus monkey gotten mixed into things. But the impact blood type has on personality is something that has been underestimated for the very longest.

15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I haven't, but that sounds interesting. Do you know of a good article on this topic, that you could recommend?

Rebecca, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    If you have time, here is a 2 hour special of me appearing on American Freedom Radio
    http://www.americanfreedomradio.com/archive/Truther-Girls-32k-010411.mp3
    My site on it is in my signature, but will look for something more specific.

Rhesus negative people for example show a lot of the following traits:

1. predominance of green or hazel eyes that change color like a chameleon, but also blue eyes

2. true red or reddish hair

3. low pulse rate

4. low blood pressure

5. keen sight or hearing

6. ESP

7. extra rib or vertabrae

8. UFO connections

9. love of space and science

10. a sense of not belonging to the human race

11. piercing eyes

12. para-normal occurrences

13. physic dreams

14. truth seekers

15. desire for higher wisdom

16. empathetic illnesses

17. deep compassion for fate of mankind

18. a sense of a 'mission' in life

19. physic abilities

20. unexplained scars on body

21. capability to disrupt electrical appliances

22. belief in alien

23. much higher than average IQ

Now the ones with 0- blood have the highest IQ on average and are less likely to become ill aside from being the universal donor. They are considered the purest and all British royals appear to have that blood type.

17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Congratulations, you're famous! I'll definitely check it out. This morning I'm working on website content, and have to head off to work shortly. However, I'll make the time to listen to it within the next few days.

That's fascinating. I didn't know that. Btw, I'm not a British royal, just a A + ....:)

Rebecca, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm just dying to see the double blind, peer reviewed studies that back up any of that. LoL. Hell, I'm guessing you don't even have a non-scientific web survey. Was this done on some anecdotal review of how many of your friends have rh neg blood?

Obamanation, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I am in the process of doing a survey with my closed group and copied and pasted the above prematurely from a source which mixed some opinions into this. But as usual, you will experience that hidden knowledge usually comes with useless nonsense so guys like you go "Dude, like discard it all man, it's bunk" because a couple of those have been intentionally added to spoil the rest. More to come. Listen to the link when you have time, Rebecca!

20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    K, that means you have the rhesus monkey gene. :)

At least you know your type as most people seem not to ;)

Btw. here is the A factor:

Type A
    People with blood type A have a deep-rooted strength that helps them stay calm in a crisis when everyone else is panicking. However, they tend to avoid confrontation, and feel very uncomfortable around people. A types are shy and sometimes withdrawn. They seek harmony and are very polite, but all the same feel that they never really fit in with others. A types are very responsible. If there is a job to be done, they prefer to take care of it themselves. These people crave success and are perfectionists. They are also very creative, and the most artistic of all the blood types, most likely because of their sensitivity.
    People with blood type A are also likely to be considered classic “type A’s”: stressed and conscientious. In anime, people like Hotohori are type A’s.
    The Third Hokage, Haruno Sakura, Hotohori, Heero Yui, Keiko (Kayko) Yukimura

Btw. I am A-

Missed you, love you , peace out!