1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone tell me what a "PR" link is?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by kriksmailliw, Feb 4, 2011.

Hello, all.

If someone could please tell me--in a non-"techie" way--what a PR1 link, a PR2 link, a PR3 link (and so on) is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Kirk

kriksmailliw, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  2. xavianer

xavianer Active Member

Best Answers:
    pr stands for page rank.. the higher the rank the bigger its value.. search it in google and you'll find an answer (for more details)..

xavianer, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  3. kriksmailliw

kriksmailliw Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the quick answer.

So the higher the number, the better the ranking on a Google search? Is this correct?

And I have seen that I can buy page ranks. How is that possible? What does it mean to buy a page rank?

I actually did do a Google search but honestly didn't find too much. Actually, I found this site because of a Google search on this subject. :)

Kirk

kriksmailliw, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  4. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting. That just about sums it all up in a non-techie way. PR is a metric assigned by Google which gets used to pad the price of whatever you are buying, and thats usually PR. Something that those that know better will sell to those who still don't. It is something that has no real value to anyone other than the seller. Best to forget it.

khanter, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  5. fslballouch

fslballouch Peon

Best Answers:
    thinks for the informations

fslballouch, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  6. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    PR means page rank, the number behind "PR" is key, the bigger, the better.

susan_ham, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  7. moffey

moffey Active Member

Best Answers:
    The History of PageRank

PageRank was developed by Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford. At the time that Page and Brin met, search engines typically linked to pages that had the highest keyword density, which meant people could game the system by repeating the same phrase over and over to attract higher search page results.

PageRank is patented by Stanford, and the name PageRank likely comes from Larry Page.

What Does PageRank Measure?

PageRank measure's a web page's importance.

Page and Brin's theory is that the most important pages on the Internet are the pages with the most links leading to them. PageRank thinks of links as votes, where a page linking to another page is casting a vote.

This makes sense, because people do tend to link to relevant content, and pages with more links to them are usually better resources than pages that nobody links.

PageRank doesn't stop there. It also looks at the importance of the page that contains the link. Pages with higher PageRank have more weight in "voting" with their links than pages with lower PageRank. It also looks at the number of links on the page casting the "vote." Pages with more links have less weight.

This also makes a certain amount of sense. Pages that are important are probably better authorities in leading web surfers to better sources, and pages that have more links are likely to be less discriminating on where they're linking.

How Important Is PageRank?

PageRank is one of many factors that determines where your web page appears in search result ranking, but if all other factors are equal, PageRank can have significant impact on your Google rankings.

moffey, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  8. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Frankly speaking, if you are new to SEO and online marketing, I would advice you to not go for any research of "buying a PR (pagerank)", its just a waste of time. First as you have started a new account here, go through some of the threads in the Google section here as well as the General Marketing and SEO sections. After you read all the threads well, trying searching for the questions you have in the search column in the right hand side top. I am sure you will get atleast one thread with an appropriate answer for your question on DP forum :)

China_girl, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  9. rajeev_seo

rajeev_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    RP is page rank which provide mathematical calculated by google

rajeev_seo, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  10. rajeev_seo

rajeev_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    this the best describe this article.

rajeev_seo, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  11. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Not everyone would agree with you. Anyone can buy whatever PR they need. Are you suggesting this is going to help them to rank ahead of their competitors?

khanter, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  12. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is the short form of Page Rank, google gives this,few times a year google update PR.
    Eg - DP forum is PR4

rain21, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  13. globalad

globalad Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree with some of the comments above. PR is very important. One of my sites is ranking 1st page with only 600 backlinks which arehigh PR sites thus giving my site a PR5 vs. my competition whom have thousands of backlinks, older domain, and more content. PR isnt the end all its just one of the many factors, but a higher PR links is more valuable than a low PR link. As mentioned above a backlink is a vote, but not all votes are equal, a higher PR vote is worth more than a lower PR vote.

globalad, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  14. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Am I correct to assume that the high PR sites you refer to are well established reputable sites that have earned the PR attributed to them. This rather than the buy now, pay later variety which are so popular. If this is correct could it not be possible that the boost you are getting from these sites is because they are well established, older domains and reputable sites, rather than the PR which most experienced SEO consultants tend to discount.

Surely you are not suggesting that you can buy respectability? What keyword are you ranking for? What is the site?

khanter, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  15. darklarry03

darklarry03 Peon

Best Answers:
    yup,, the higher the PR, the bigger the impact to the search,,, so if you will link to other website,,, choose the highest PR,

but also the lower PR still do help,,,

darklarry03, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  16. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    it shows your page popularity in google after compete with other website and pages and assign u r page rank.

newlogo, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  17. webdreamer

webdreamer Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is not as important as it used to be. People put too much emphasis on pagerank. Its mainly now used by SEO marketers wanting to sell links, often from dropped domains. Its best to focus on search engine rank than pagerank.

webdreamer, Feb 9, 2011 IP