1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommended high-risk merchant accounts for someone with only basic html knowledge?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by magsales, Feb 2, 2011.

I sell magazine subscriptions online. I believe this is considered a high-risk category. At the moment I'm accepting payments through a third party merchant account, but it seems like every few weeks they limit my account until I can provide them with more and more documentation, and it's getting very frustrating. I only use them because I only have basic html knowledge and I like that I can just enter the specifics for my products and then cut and paste the buy now buttons into my site.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a high-risk merchant account that also provides web developer help, so I can just send them my product information and they can handle the rest?

Btw, I'm in the U.S. and do not ship internationally. My chargeback rate is around 5%. Thanks for any help!

magsales, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  2. highriskprocessing

highriskprocessing Member

Best Answers:
    magsales:

What you need is a simple API Code tha tyou can place on your web site, if you do not want to utilize a shopping cart.
    depends on how many SKU's you have.

Also, you indicated your CB Rate was 5%, which is extremely high. That generaly indicates a failure in custome rservice or order confirmation.
    You may want to review your CS procedures.

highriskprocessing, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  3. msinfo

msinfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well actually the high risk account isn't what requires html it is the gateway that integrates with that high risk account. A good html only gateway that allows quite a bit of customization, recurring billing, etc is Itransact (www.itransact.com), Be sure you are approved with a high risk processor that can set you up on a platform that is supported by Itransact and you're all set. But the high risk merchant account is separate from the gateway that requires html code. There are several good high risk processors, you can email me at if you want help.

msinfo, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  4. Mui2000

Mui2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. I have written on this topic for years. Please read my posts. May be you may learn from my experiences on the high risk processing issue. 5% charge back is quite high. You will have problems with most processors. You need to get that down to about 2% (max.) in order to survive in the biz.

If you can't reduce your charge backs, you will not have any options left after you exhaust the list of processors, then you will hit a brick wall. Your best bet is to encourage your customers to pay using echeck, egold, sms/ text payment methods as these are difficult to charge back.

When your credit card processors drop you, this is all you will have left. Take it from me. I have been in the high risk game 11 years. I will be writting a book soon.

Good luck...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
    Mui2000, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  5. titookello

titookello Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Any idea on which CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANIES , used by the following FILE SHARING COMPANIES?
    oron.com
    filesonic.com
    duckload.om
    hotfile.com

titookello, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  6. titookello

titookello Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Any idea on which CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANIES , used by the following FILE SHARING COMPANIES?
    oron.com
    filesonic.com
    duckload.om
    hotfile.com

titookello, Feb 16, 2011 IP