1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet Boom, is the bust around the corner?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Seqqa, Feb 3, 2011.

Do you believe that we're in a new kind of internet bubble, one where the internet is growing at an unsustainable rate. Millions of people a year are trying to start a business online, I just think this type of growth is unsustainable.

There's only so much traffic going around the internet only so many people who have access to the internet. The competition for quality of traffic is driving people further a field for it, the amount of people buying advertising online is inflating prices to a point it's just not possible to profit any more for the little guy.

Companies are having to pay more and more and more to remain in the top ten in Google for their keywords as competition is crazy.

They say history repeats itself and I'm starting to see that all over again. Nobody is safe just look at MySpace if you have any doubts.

I'm planning to exit the internet as a business in the next 5 years as I believe hardly anybody will be able to compete after that time.

What are your thoughts? I see all these make money online sites and it makes me laugh, there's an old saying that goes around.

Seqqa, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adapt or be killed that's my say ...

Good luck with your non Internet Biz (lol we reached 2 bilion users and internet will grow and grow) and you wanna start something without Internet that's a joke

Of course many don't earn but that's like in any biz that's LIFE it's not for EVRYBODY ....

w3bmaster, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  3. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, more and more people are gaining access to internet and the new big way of making money is through Internet on phones.
    Whatever the trend is, be sure to be one of the first to profit from it!

Making money offline is not as easy as it seems always, but at least it feels real and
    you're not as limited in ways of getting customers.

Wulkanen, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  4. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True even the last chunks of IPv4 will exhaust by this Aug 2011. After that everyone will be forced to migrate to IPv6 in technically.

Go anywhere and there will always be competition, its not just in the internet. Personally i think people are looking for easy ways to make money and this is impossible.

Nobody knows what the future holds and its best to work hard and be prepared for everything.

olddocks, Feb 3, 2011 IP
    mentos likes this.
  5. toon79

toon79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to take into account that the internet is still very young and evolving at a drastic rate, it needs stability I think

toon79, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so.

Its depend on what kind of internet biz you do.

That why you need to creative in order to survive the internet battle.

mentos, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  7. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do run a successful internet company, I observe the market daily. From what I see we're going through a boom of people looking to make money online, sold on pipe line dreams. The amount of noobs here is crazy and kind of makes me want to leave the forum for good sometimes since I'm not getting a lot of quality information out of here now.

Seqqa, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  8. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    I kinda agree. At firt I came to this forum for information and to learn.
    Nowadays I just come here because I'm bored or just want some fast ideas on things to write about.

Wulkanen, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  9. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lot of people who think they're expert in some subject and they go around teaching people false information. Then they'll go on to give the same false information to another member in need and it just spreads like that, before long everybody is giving out information is wrong because nobody knows any better.

Seqqa, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  10. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that the number of folks whose online business' fail and drop off matches or even exceeds the number of folks trying to start up a new online web business. I suspect the number of folks whose online business' FAIL due to what ever reason is close to 80 or 90%.

mco65, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  11. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    Yes it is. I remember once when I was profiting from MLM by teaching people how it worked.
    Anyone who have ever worked with MLM knows that 95% of all people fail in that business.

Wulkanen, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  12. GrowConnect

GrowConnect Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, we don't know what lies ahead. And there are lots of innovative technology coming out in the market today, and they are internet dependent technology mostly. So we move forward and not backward. In 5 yrs time perhaps there might be other innovative ways of doing business online successfully where everybody will not be competing because of the high traffic.(I hope so!) :)

GrowConnect, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  13. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a better comparison in the jungle - it's the zebra which run the slowest that get eaten by the lion.

Steve Marino, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  14. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything needs balance and we've all seen what ends up happening after a bull market. I think the internet is starting to gain some weight now, will the bucket hold is the real question. Maybe we'll have a 1999 all over again, but time will tell.

Seqqa, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  15. oswaldpeters

oswaldpeters Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got to remember that whatever happens it will only shift wealth around. Money does not just disappear.

Any good businessman will be able to capitalise on any "credit crunch" for the internet.

oswaldpeters, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  16. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah I mean there's money to be made in any economic enviroment, in 2008 while global markets were falling through the earth companies like Ferrari had record sales that year. I guess the top 1% of the global population won't feel it as much as everyone else.

Seqqa, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  17. Genesis1

Genesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's easy to start, but not easy to maintain, so that's why we get what you have said

Genesis1, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  18. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Remember, this is the internet. Only the strongest survive in the marketing world - and if your product isn't good, or your website isn't good, then why should people bother?

It's time to step up if you feel like your niche, or your business is going to go down - work harder, market more, drive traffic!

ForgottenCreature, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  19. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Don't 'put all your eggs in one basket', as they say.

Multiple sources of income, not just affiliate marketing, is a good way to go.

usasportstraining, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  20. totaledge

totaledge Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree and I do think about the same thing at times. Making money on the internet is getting more and more tough unless you have some kind of an online/offline hybrid strategy. Offcourse there are huge companies who would spend a lot to compete for their internet presence but for others, its getting a tougher task everyday.

totaledge, Feb 4, 2011 IP