1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1st page in 30 days - is it real ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Alnitech, Feb 2, 2011.

One guy offers me SEO service and promise me 1st google page for "Unmetered Dedicated Server" request in 30 days. For me it looks too cool to be truth or am i wrong ?

Alnitech, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  2. bdunndchi

bdunndchi Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what the competition is like for "unmetered dedicated server," but it's definitely possible if he knows what he's doing.

bdunndchi, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  3. edison_gonzaga

edison_gonzaga Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your niche and competition. If you are in very competitive niche, it will take a lot of time especially if your competitors are lording it over in the first page of Google with thousands of backlinks, that would be nearly impossible. Perhaps in 6 months with the proper link building strategy. However, if you noticed that the top 10 of Google has ezines, buzzle or articlebase articles occupying page 1 plus you have your keyword in your domain, it is very likely to go to page 1 in less than a month based on my experience.

edison_gonzaga, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  4. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what keyword you are ranking with. Competitive keywords takes time to be rank or to beat your competitors. You can have a good strategy for it. :D

thunderbolt007, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  5. edison_gonzaga

edison_gonzaga Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. We can only hope for Google to give us the page 1 ranking after building those quality links pointing to the direction of your money site. But the chances is higher though with a bit of perseverance and luck...

6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is fairly competitive so a bit complicated to rank in that short a time period. It also depends on a few other things like domain name. Certainly difficult to do it legit without simply hurling pointless links at it.

That said, I would be more concerned they didn't bother letting you know it gets very little traffic.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  7. Alnitech

Alnitech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep. I am not the only skeptic here. ;)

BTW How to estimate traffic for 1st page site ?

Alnitech, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  8. edison_gonzaga

edison_gonzaga Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking at the backlinks of the website sitting at number 1 of of keyword, looks like you can make it to page 1 not necessarily in 30 days but it can be done. My only concern though is amount of traffic there for your keyword. It might be a non-spending keyword. Not sure though.

9. sevans4262

sevans4262 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its definitely possible, but there are alot of variables to consider in order to get there.

sevans4262, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  10. m2webs

m2webs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly!

And one more thing, fast results almost always means also fast dropping down again. In SEO, it is something like, the faster it is going up the shorter results will be. You can buy angela paul links or something like that which will give you fast results but that's not real and long term success.

m2webs, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  11. helpdesk

helpdesk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ya, this keyword is of greater competition. Its really a little tough job to do. but however, if you use adwords and do proper competitor analysis and implement them in your website, there is a possibility of getting.

helpdesk, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  12. easylinkbuilding

easylinkbuilding Peon

Best Answers:
    Competition is not high as well as search volume. If he knows the business then its possible.

easylinkbuilding, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  13. makhussy

makhussy Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not possible that a page will come in 1st page in 30 days, it is slowly and continuously work. it takes effort and totally depends upon competition. Sometime some keyword takes less time or some take lots of time

makhussy, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  14. edison_gonzaga

edison_gonzaga Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. If you're keyword is your domain name as well,plus the competitors don't have too many backlinks and they are not well-optimized, it's not impossible. And the top ten sites are PR 1's and PR 2's, then it's possible.

edison_gonzaga, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  15. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't be impossible to achieve it in 30 days. I would grade it as medium difficulty, there are not too many results to compete against but the niche itself is tough and there are a lot of large business's aleady operating in it.

It is hard to estimate the traffic to any degree of accuracy, however what you can do is look at the search volume of the keyword as a guide. Use the Google Keyword Tool, enter your keyword and Google will show you how many people searched for that term both globally and locally. In this case it is showing me that 2,400 people globally search for the term per month. Thats pretty low and not worth any real investment in my opinion. I wouldn't go for anything less than 10,000.

MartinPrestovic, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  16. narenpati

narenpati Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible in 1 month ..that keywords search volume is very low so we can get the rank in few days...you can check search volume in Google keyword tool ..then you will be known .

narenpati, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  17. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't lissen to all the amateurs

SEO takes time and for a new site it takes more time

And on other hands NOBODY can ofer 100% guarantees so if he practicaly ofers 100% guarantees STAY AWAY from such "experts" ...

w3bmaster, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  18. toon79

toon79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sign a contract first and if he doesn't ask for your money back

toon79, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  19. designyoursite

designyoursite Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely possible check the keyword rank in tools

if the keyword have low search then sure to bring first page

designyoursite, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  20. muxin

muxin Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with this, if he can guarantee 100% money back in case he fails then go for it, just make sure he wouldn't do anything illegal to do the trick

muxin, Feb 3, 2011 IP