1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automated forum posting program?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by syxxx, Jan 31, 2011.

I've tried searching the forums and google... wondering if anyone knows if there is a good program that I can use to automate forum posting process? I'm not trying to spam, I want something that can post my same post to multiple different forums. I post fishing reports on several different forums, about 40 or so altogether now, and I generally publish the same report, with pictures and a backlink to my site, however it is very tedious now to post to all the different ones, so wondering if there is a program that can do this for me. Thanks.

syxxx, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  2. CraigC

CraigC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On the expensive side but have you looked into Xrumer?

CraigC, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  3. amelen

amelen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Xrumer is the only forum posting program I've heard of, but I'd recommend staying away from blog/forum posting (or spamming) though. It's really not a good practice and google has decreased the value of these links.

amelen, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  4. Swayamdas2010

Swayamdas2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right! :)

Swayamdas2010, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  5. umershaikh

umershaikh Peon

Best Answers:
    amelen is right

umershaikh, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. exilonv

exilonv Peon

Best Answers:
    I have developed a software for that myself. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll get back to you on it. :)

exilonv, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  7. Swayamdas2010

Swayamdas2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it FREE ?

Swayamdas2010, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  8. wiseman.wiseman05

wiseman.wiseman05 Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer manually rather than automated forum posting. It'll not be counted as a good practice in the eyes of Google and it'll also decrease the value of such links. May be by this automatic way you can make some links but quality sites never accept this type of posting and they count it as spamming.

wiseman.wiseman05, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  9. Swayamdas2010

Swayamdas2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    well.. I have a new forum and I am wondering how to get members interested in joining our DoFollow Tech Forum

Swayamdas2010, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  10. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to break the news to ya, but that is indeed spam. Easily detected and devalued by Google as well.

tornado!, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  11. pigpromoter

pigpromoter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Xrumer is the only one I know that has built-in captcha breaking. You can probably find cheaper/free so-called alternatives (google "xrumer alternative", duh! :)) but paying Decaptcha or a similar service $2 per thousand cracked codes is not worth it. If you can't afford Xrumer or you need a quick job and don't have any use for it afterwards then you may want to outsource the task (no, I'm not selling such services, this is not an ad). Again, use Google to find 'em.

pigpromoter, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  12. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not strictly true. I admit I thought the same when I first read the OP's post. But he goes on to state that he posts fishing reports on a select number of forums. Given that it is select forums and the fact that we don't know how long he has been doing this manually for, or if he has the forums permission to do this, you cannot just blanket this and say it's spam.

If he was going out and trying to get it on every single forum he could find that would be a different case.

Oh, and stay away from xrummer, that is 100% spam and is most certainly not what you are looking for.

MartinPrestovic, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  13. pigpromoter

Best Answers:
    So it's okay to go around and post the very same text in 1,000 selected forums manually but it's not alright to do the very same job with Xrumer? One is spam and the other is not, even though the output is exactly the same?!

14. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you even bother to read what the original poster wrote "about 40 or so altogether now".

Thats hardly a thousand now is it!

If he is posting those fishing results to 40 or so fishing related forums which actually want him to post the fishing results, it's not spam! Regardless of whether there is a link to his web site or not. The fact that the content is the same does not make it spam.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  15. pigpromoter

Best Answers:
    It's not a matter of how many forums he's going to post in, there can be two or two billion. The one thousand figure was just an example. I was arguing that you stated Xrumer was "100% spam" when in fact you can use it to automate the exact same job you would do by hand.

16. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, my last response to you on this thread because your hijacking his topic with pointless conversation. It is a matter of how many, because you tried to use that as the argument to define what is or isn't spam, which I proved false because he clearly stated his target.

If you wish to argue about xrumer being 100% spam or not I'm really not interested. I know it's a spam bot, that is exactly what it was built for the whole lets develop back links part came later. Why else would you go into detail about the "built-in captcha breaking" if you didn't think it was too :) Anyway, you can think what you like, I know what it is and I will continue to call it what it is, period.

The fact that it could be used to automate the task for him is moot because of the cost. Why pay that much money for it when someone like me or another freelancer via oDesk, Scriptlance or Freelancer.com could build a specific tool exactly for his purpose for half the cost (not that I am interested in building it). exilonv has already offered to discuss a more tailored system with him.

17. pigpromoter

Best Answers:
    The conversation is, indeed, going in a wrong direction. And now that you've mentioned that "it's a spam bot because you know it is" I guess you've really rested your case. :)

@OP if you ever need to scale up you might consider Xrumer. Otherwise go for some cheaper alternative, there's no need to spend $500 when you can get the job done for half the price.

18. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    What makes it spam is the automation. Ask any website owner, forum or not, if they want bots posting stuff on their sites. I'm sure the majority would say no. Regardless of how targeted the forums may be, or how many posts are made, automated posting in forums is pure spam.

Your definition of spam clearly comes from a lack of knowledge of how badly automated submissions can litter a blog, forum or any other type of site which allows user participation.

tornado!, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  19. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    You know nothing about me so don't start talking about my knowledge.

What makes spam is not the automation. There are millions of tasks which can be automated which don't result in spam. If what this user is posting to these web sites has already been accepted by the owners of those 40 or so forums then how can it possibly be called spam because he decides to automate the process instead of doing it manually.

Thats like saying RSS feeds are spam because they are an automated way to distribute content.

20. OrderFlowers

OrderFlowers Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree!!!

OrderFlowers, Feb 2, 2011 IP