1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking high on Google.com but nowhere on others

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Wp-Mod.Com, Jan 31, 2011.

i am ranking high on Google.com for particular keywords , but when checked in Google Uk or Google Brazil , etc . i am no where in search results .

can you tell me what i am doing wrong , i am building backlinks , but there is some catch to it , that i cannot seem to figure it out

Wp-Mod.Com, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  2. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    its because other google site are made for local web sites.. google.com is used globally and default.. if you want to rank on other google sites you can optimized it locally..

bogs, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  3. whitehatrulez

whitehatrulez Peon

Best Answers:
    .com concentrates more on delivering US and Global results ... while the localized variants ... .uk .pt etc. concentrate on delivering local businesses first in order to maintain relevancy and deliver local business details to those performing the search.
    Ideally what you could do is to add phone numbers for those locations as well in the footer ... or create seperate pages concentrating on each different location you wish to target, along with ensuring unique content and stress on localized keywords.
    Hope it helps. Thanks.

whitehatrulez, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  4. GrindcoreVlad

GrindcoreVlad Peon

Best Answers:
    The best tactic for improving your local rankings is to create a different domain targeted to that specific area. Local targeting plays a huge role in Google now. It is very hard nowadays to rank high in different geographic areas if you have one single domain especially on competitive keywords.

GrindcoreVlad, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wanna rank in local google .... build backlinks from local sites ..

w3bmaster, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are in Google.com then you will be at other search engines at back pages. If not then try to collect local backlinks from the such local areas

Kiranraj, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  7. shahzaibpki

shahzaibpki Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to work for SEO locally...You can create backlinks from sites, forums, blogs that are from brazil and uk....There is an indication that there is going a tough competition for the keywords you are striving out , and you will need to work a bit harder to rank well locally.

shahzaibpki, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  8. agravity

agravity Guest

Best Answers:
    That is organic Google, you cannot be very specific about where from you will get traffic.

agravity, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  9. baranbuffet

baranbuffet Peon

Best Answers:
    Google have Different Data Centers, Keywords Ranking Could be Different in Different data center, That is why you have seen your good keyword ranking in Google.com ...

baranbuffet, Feb 4, 2011 IP