1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wix.com Free Website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by jaredgravatt, Jan 30, 2011.

Hi Guys.

I built a basic website in www.wix.com but can only upload it to www.wix.com/jaredgravatt/home .

I was wondering if any of you guys know of a good editor that is as easy to use as Wix and allows me to upload to my own domain or knows how I can take that code and open it in a free editor do I don't loose the work I have done.

I am not a web design professional so please keep it simple.

Cheers,

Jared.

jaredgravatt, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  2. steelfrog

steelfrog Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't think of an easy way to do this apart from cutting and paste all your information into HTML. The problem with Flash websites is that they're completely inaccessible to most mobile platforms and screen readers. They're hard to print, resource-intensive and the list goes on. You'd be better off taking the time to re-code the entire thing into HTML. If you need help, I do strongly suggest you look at hiring someone although you could probably manage to code the basics yourself.

steelfrog, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  3. jaredgravatt

jaredgravatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried re building it in a free HTML editor but it never comes out like I want. Do you have any recommendations?

jaredgravatt, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  4. seoguru4u

seoguru4u Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with steelfrog

seoguru4u, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  5. MGwebmaster

MGwebmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think problems described by Steelfrog were actual before Wix started to use HTML5. And this eliminates all mentioned shortcomings. I believe that wix fully understand that many webmasters aren't happy with Flash and they have updated their builder with the latest HTML5. By the way it has almost all the same features as Flash but using only CSS, without flash player.

MGwebmaster, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  6. eleyinte

eleyinte Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why not try webs.com. I have been using them for some time now and seem to be the best when it comes to free website design with good editor and easy to use features.

eleyinte, Aug 28, 2012 IP