1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which one is best SEO or SEM

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kooldesigning, Jan 29, 2011.

Please give me your sincere advise.
    Which one is best SEO or SEM(Adwords, Adcenter...)
    For example if i have monthly budget of $300. Where should i spend $300 (SEO or SEM) in order to get max sale.

Please please advise if you have much knowledge

kooldesigning, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is part of SEM.
    you should do SEO for long term goal. while using adwords atc is expensive you might want to use them for generating sales.

webcosmo, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  3. Mats Loefkvist

Mats Loefkvist Peon

Best Answers:
    :cool:Hi,
    If you are serious about working online you must start to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as this is the basics for all online business. Whatever you do online you must deal with "Key words" and key words are essential in SEO. If you understand the basics of SEO, it will be much easier to do anything else creating an online business...

Mats Loefkvist, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  4. tenners

tenners Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with webcosmo, SEO (if done right) will give you long-lasting results in the long term, but if your goal is to get traffic to your website ASAP and you have a budget you can use Marketing tactics such as AdWords.
    The thing with AdWords though is...depending on your niche, you may end up blowing your budget before you get any meaningful number of visitors. Keep in mind too that only a fraction of those visitors will actually convert as well so your cost for getting a paying customer will skyrocket.
    If you can hold out, I would recommend speaking with a good Search consultant who can teach you a thing or two at the same time.

tenners, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  5. kooldesigning

kooldesigning Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your reply. I do have knowledge of SEO and my site rank well against some good keywords. But what i noticed is whenever i do only SEO i receive some leads (Contact us form submission, custom quote form submission...) but only a few sales. But when i do SEO with adwords i receive sale.

One more fact i noticed is a visitor come to the site by clicking adwords ppc will stay more and browse the site (Looks like he is serious to buy) but when a visitor come to the site by clicking paid results will not browse much and seems to be non serious.

Please let me know what your thoughts are ?

kooldesigning, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  6. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you need quick results, you better go with adwords, otherwise SEO is good

rain21, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  7. unk

unk Peon

Best Answers:
    You should hire a SEO Company as your budget is quite good. So companies can do this job for $200 per month for 6 months and get you better results.

unk, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  8. tinycoin

tinycoin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love SEO, it increase SERP

tinycoin, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  9. Az Ozegbe

Az Ozegbe Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also use free services like Yourfreeseo.com.They are good,and you will like them.

Az Ozegbe, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  10. Essex Girl

Essex Girl Member

Best Answers:
    My advice is to put 80-90% of your effort into growing your organic traffic through SEO and the remaining 10 - 20% into PPC.

However, if you're already getting good levels of organic traffic but not many enquiries and sales you need to have more taregted content and optimise your pages for conversion - for example, I would be looking at things like having a clear value proposition, a strong call to action, not having too many competing features on the landing page so the visitor is confused about what they are supposed to do next.

Remember, if your visitor can't answer these 3 questions within the first few seconds on your site they will hit the back button:

1. Where am I?
    2. What can I do here?
    3. Why should I do it?

The same conversion factors apply whether your visitor has arrived at your page through organic or paid search.

Essex Girl, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  11. tenners

tenners Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said Essex Girl,
    However regarding your last statement... "The same conversion factors apply whether your visitor has arrived at your page through organic or paid search."
    I think for kooldesigning, conversions may be different as a result of his Ads performing for different keywords.
    I would advise that you continue your SEO work kookdesigning, but put some emphasis on trying to rank for those higher-converting keywords (if they are indeed different).
    Maybe the content on your site is better suited for visitors searching the keywords that your PPC ads are showing up for...Just a thought...

tenners, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  12. HELMI4EVER

HELMI4EVER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is part of SEM ;)

HELMI4EVER, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  13. AngelInvestorGroup.com

AngelInvestorGroup.com Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO better.

AngelInvestorGroup.com, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  14. shiv-sah

shiv-sah Peon

Best Answers:
    if you need quick results, go with SEO

shiv-sah, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  15. Terpentin01

Terpentin01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both sorta interconnect. Use SEO for long term as it cost nothing if you do it yourself. Use SEM for very short term sales. Highly target keywords to optimize ads perfectly to gain more sales.

Terpentin01, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  16. exilonv

exilonv Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the type of site. SEO has more sustainable results when done right and will keep your visitors flowing in constantly.

exilonv, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  17. Lucky Adam

Lucky Adam Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, these two are not comparable, however, the SEO is having longer term perspective as compared to SEM.

Lucky Adam, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  18. Tekno_solutions

Tekno_solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there we are just starting a new website and blog, which companies should I be using to help me with SEO, or where is the best place to learn about it.

Thanks in advance

Tekno_solutions, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  19. Shorty89

Shorty89 Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree that you should do SEO for long-term. The Internet is changing every day, you might get slapped and/or sandboxed and there are some strong signs that Google might be changing their rules in the future and all your SEO work may become obsolete. SEM will always work regardless of your SERP's. It requires a bigger budget but ultimately I think that if you know what you're doing an SEM based business is much safer than an SEO based businnes. A combination of both however is probably the way to go.

Shorty89, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  20. Tekno_solutions

Tekno_solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for shedding some more light on it

Tekno_solutions, Feb 2, 2011 IP