1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Local Search For Companies With One Store Location - Any Options?

Discussion in 'Google' started by andrewb123, Jan 28, 2011.

I have an important question I'd like to ask any local search experts. We have a site that is an ecommerce site that sells in the US and our offices are in one city location. We have a places page and show up in local search in our city.

I see Google local search as a growing trend in 2011 and think that far more queries will be yielding local search results, so I would like to put a strategy together to have a local presence in other cities in the US. Is this in any way possible to do if we only have one business location? We aren't at a point where we can open brick and mortar stores in the US, nor does it fit our business model.

Is it possible to create affiliate websites and create business id's of any sort in multiple cities so that the websites in each city can rank in Google local search results?

I feel like the local A-G search results are taking a lot of click throughs away from the standard natural search listings and this will likely grow over time. I understand why Google is doing this and it is great for local business. But we want to compete at the local level. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

andrewb123, Jan 28, 2011 IP
    borber likes this.
  2. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great way to get banned from google ;)

I dont think their is a way to cheat thte local search other then having physical adresses.

Camay123, Jan 29, 2011 IP
    borber likes this.
  3. lakelandprinting

lakelandprinting Peon

Best Answers:
    lakelandprinting, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  4. borber

borber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Boost is not SEO at all, right? We are talking about SEO and it is really good questioning the OP asked. Actually, if you are in location-dependent niche (as Google think), only way to compete with local businesses is to be 1st in the SERP.

borber, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  5. localdominator

localdominator Peon

Best Answers:
    Pm me and I will let you know what to do.

localdominator, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  6. lakelandprinting

lakelandprinting Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Google Boost is SEO Based. When you sign up, it appears Google crawls your website to assign your keywords..but it won't do you much good other than your physical location

lakelandprinting, Jan 31, 2011 IP