1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the use of joomla

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by shaantanu, Jan 25, 2011.

many people ask this question including me. i know there are lots of answer on web, but i do not which is the best wordpress or joomla

shaantanu, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  2. bandung

bandung Peon

Best Answers:
    It's depend on what you're going to do with the website. I use joomla since 2005, and I'm happy with it. Now I use wordpress to build an autoblog website.
    Both are superb cms-es. For a website with a custom and complex application, I'd preferred to use joomla because its flexibility. For marketing and such simple magazine or powerful blogs, Wordpress is the best, imo. On the other hand, I use a simply html for a portfolio website.

bandung, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  3. Chocolate Lime

Chocolate Lime Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure if you searched on the forum for WP v's Joomla you'd find this question has been asked a lot.

As bandung says both are geared primarily towards one key area. For blogging, magazines or news based websites you can't get much better than Worpress. If the site your developing requires additional functionality such as online bookings, ecommerce addons (I know WP now has some good plugins!), forums etc as extras then Joomla with it's extensions directory will serve you very well.

Take some time preparing your sites requirements and determine what it's main purpose is and then develop from there taking into account any additional plugins / extensions you may require.

Chocolate Lime, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  4. san321

san321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find the biggest thing when choosing wordpress or joomla is what am I going to use the site for? I usually choose which engine based on what addons I require. Eg do I want to make a community site with a forum I would choose Joomla because of CB/Kuenena.

san321, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  5. maaone

maaone Member

Best Answers:
    yes it depends on your prefer and also what you need. Wordpress was made for blogging and Joomla is kind of website :). Ther're same, kind of content management system. that's what i know. for some sites i use joomla and some wordpress. not only that, there are still so much another CMS out there.

maaone, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  6. ecmcircle

ecmcircle Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, there are lot of features in joomla..

Use Mambo Joomla when:

* you don't know about the tech stuff at all
    * you want easy install & setup with your mouse
    * you don't want to learn the tool you're using
    * you don't need to integrate other scripts etc. to your site
    * you want a candy site and don't mind several other sites using the same template(s)
    * you don't need SEO out of the box
    * you don't care about server resources
    * you're running (or planning to to run) only one or max a couple of sites
    * you don't need one log-in to several sites
    * you don't need user groups & permissions
    * you don't run membership site(s)

thanks..

ecmcircle, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  7. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    depends on what you are going to do with your website, I prefer Joomla for news sites and wordpress for blogs.

rain21, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  8. Caitlyn

Caitlyn Guest

Best Answers:
    I use only drupal and Joomla. According to my need i choose which one is the best and save time

Caitlyn, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  9. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Simple and short answer - you can built any of your website - related to anything on joomla its such a nice CMS - any kind of website that you need to develop - you can do it on joomla

Hope it helps...!

infogle, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  10. karwal.jimz

karwal.jimz Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact is that Joomla is one of the easiest ways to quickly design and create your own website. You can easily create a wonderful looking website with loads of functionality. Wordpress is another way to create and manage your own website - but more on Wordpress somewhere else.

Joomla started life as an Opensource Content Management System called Mambo. In August 2005 a split took place between the core developers of Mambo and the owners of the Mambo name. The developers decided to continue the development of this software under the name Joomla and most of the community that previously supported Mambo have now thrown in their weight behind the new product.

You can install Joomla from the Fantastico Panel that comes with all our hosting plans. You need to have PHP and a MySQL database available, but these are also included with ALL our hosting plans, so it really is easy to get it up and running on your site.

karwal.jimz, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  11. fewtion

fewtion Peon

Best Answers:
    My first CMS was Joomla, And I haven't had a need to go have a look at wordpress for anything I have done. Its a top cms

fewtion, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  12. HavenX

HavenX Member

Best Answers:
    It fairly depends on your needs if you want a blog fairly simple functions like post article and your done then I suggest wordpress. But if you want it more dynamic like sign ups, login, register, subscription etc. and you don't want to deal with coding etc. that much then joomla or drupal would suites the job.

HavenX, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  13. Lakis Vladimirou

Lakis Vladimirou Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is amazing for one reason for me. The huge community and extensions. These 2 save thousands of hours work for me in many cases. Of course the biggest issue is that as big is the community then so big is the security leaks discovered from hackers :)

Lakis Vladimirou, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  14. xrcode

xrcode Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like Joomla, I have used it on quite a few sites and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good CMS.
    It's fairly user friendly and easy to customize i find

xrcode, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  15. joomlawebdesigner

joomlawebdesigner Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Use Of Joomla

joomlawebdesigner, Feb 17, 2011 IP