1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ranking for website name?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by FriendSwapMeet.com, Jan 27, 2011.

if my website was yahoo.com is it worth trying to rank for yahoo or yahoo.com or with pr will it come automatically?

FriendSwapMeet.com, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  2. kamaljit1987

kamaljit1987 Member

Best Answers:
    In my mind i think this is not possible.You don,t get ranking for this keyword or domain name.

kamaljit1987, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  3. twmas52712

twmas52712 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that if you built backlinks with the correct anchor text you could easily rank for the domain name.

twmas52712, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  4. FriendSwapMeet.com

FriendSwapMeet.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i think i miss communicated what i was trying to ask what im asking is it worth trying to rank your domain name as one of your keywords

FriendSwapMeet.com, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  5. ramie242

ramie242 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using your keyword in the domain name is very effective depending on the competition for the keyword.

ramie242, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  6. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't even think that you could register your site with a name that has already been registered. Do you??

unknownpray, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  7. MasterBlaster1

MasterBlaster1 Member

Best Answers:
    It depends if the website name is a competitive keyword... if you have the domain with the keyword in it, shouldn't have any issue hitting first page with a small social bookmarking blast. It would just take some time.

MasterBlaster1, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  8. dabney.lewis

dabney.lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    depends on the competency of the keyword... If it's less competitive as Masterblaster1 said you'll easily hit the 1st page but if it's highly then buddy you've to work on it alot... But having keyword'll be + for you :)

dabney.lewis, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  9. weknowonlinemarketing

weknowonlinemarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is. Ranking your website is much dependent on the website domain name. According to Google, valuable domains are often paid for several years in advance while doorway or throwaway domains are rarely used for more than a year. So you need a domain name if you're serious about being an online entity, it's where you'll direct all your potential customers to. The best domain names are those that people can remember, because if your visitors can remember it, they are more likely to come back. If you do not already have a company or other name selected for your site, then it is often a good idea to make your domain name the brand for the site.

weknowonlinemarketing, Sep 14, 2011 IP