1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internal Linking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by onlineprime08, Jan 24, 2011.

1. prasannas

prasannas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1 to 3% keyword should be interlinked for better SEO. Means if your article is of 500 words then you can interlink upto 15 keyword for which you want your blog site do best in search engine.

prasannas, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I make frequent use of in-text links from page to page within my website. By choosing the most relevant "anchor text" for each of those links, it gives you the opportunity to tell the search engines the precise emphasis of the pages to which you are directing those links. And that is a valuable SEO benefit that is entirely within your control.

Jim4767, Jan 27, 2011 IP
    oseymour likes this.
  3. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree again 110%. I find that it is also great for the user's experience and can drop your bounce rate a few percentage points. If a user is scanning an article for certain information and the keyword is linked to the relevant information/sales page it increases conversions and helps to keep the user on your site for a longer period of time.,

oseymour, Jan 27, 2011 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. Ledlauzis

Ledlauzis Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it will affect if you will interlink almost each word in your website. Your website will be considered as spam and Google can ban you.
    So it is better to keep numbers low.

Ledlauzis, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  5. onlineprime08

onlineprime08 Peon

Best Answers:
    So how many internal page is recommended

So that google won't ban a site as spam?

onlineprime08, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  6. d2minc

d2minc Member

Best Answers:
    Internal linking if done properly is very valuable. I have found that it has help my sites increase PR over time. Make sure that you are using keyword optimized anchor text.

d2minc, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  7. Emily Johnson

Emily Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Wonderful explanation to go by!!

Emily Johnson, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  8. onlineprime08

onlineprime08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Enough of the bluff guys. Those you said
    were all said in the first replies.

I want answers. Please.

onlineprime08, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  9. shahzaibpki

shahzaibpki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Internal linking is about giving backlinks and increase page rank of blogs own pages....However too much internal linking might get niticed by google.

shahzaibpki, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  10. arunthe

arunthe Peon

Best Answers:
    hi Javaid very nice tips I agree with you
    Internal linking is pointing links from one page of your website to another page within that same site. These links create paths for your viewers to travel from page to page and find what they are looking for.

Internal linking is important for both your potential customers and the search engines. Search engines need to find these links in order to index your pages and list them in their search results pages. Your actual customers need to find these links so they can learn about your product and potentially make a purchase.

It is important that these links are well-organized so your customers have a pleasant experience on your site. But in organizing, you don't want certain pages to be linked too far away from the homepage. That makes it difficult for search engine spiders to find and index them.

Let me explain.

If you have a rather large website, you don't want to put a link to every single one of your pages on the homepage. That wouldd be too much information for your customers to sort through and they may become overwhelmed and leave your site. But you also don't want your customers (or the search engines) to have to click more then 2 or 3 times to finally access a link to an important page.

For example:

If you have an electronic store that sells a broad range of products, you want to put links to product CATEGORIES on your homepage. For example, a link to TVs, Cameras and MP3 players. Once your viewer clicks on "Cameras," they should land on a page that describes the product category and offers links to specific PRODUCTS such as each model of Canon camera you offer, Sony cameras, Kodak...you get the picture. Then from each product page, you may wish to include links to product reviews.

If you were to put a link to every category, every product and every review of each product directly on your homepage, it would certainly be overwhelming.

However, when internal linking, try not to let any of your pages get much more than 2 or 3 clicks away from your homepage. (In the example above, the categories are 1 click away from the homepage, the products are 2 clicks away etc.) In the above example, the product reviews are placed in a very appropriate place for customers to find them when they are ready for them. But they are getting a bit far away from the homepage, making it more difficult for the search engines to spider them.

This is where a sitemap becomes handy.

Place a link to your sitemap somewhere on your homepage or in the footer of your website. The sitemap will include a link to every single page on your site, and can be arranged in "list" format. (You will have a subhead called "Products" with all products linked below it etc.)

thanks

arunthe, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  11. agravity

agravity Guest

Best Answers:
    Internal linking: You can take example of your house, All the rooms are connected to each other but first you have to cross the main entrance. Further you come to know about the rooms.

Similar is the process with websites.

agravity, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  12. techzarinfo

techzarinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Internal link building is when you link your inner pages to other inner pages.

Like this...

MonsterBacklinks Service.

That link will bring you to my Sticky Thread that is offering my service. And since that thread is on this forum it's considered internal linking or inner linking.

This helps spiders find your pages faster and is also good for your on page SEO.

thanks.

techzarinfo, Feb 5, 2011 IP