1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What else can I do for my site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GatsbyWax, Jan 26, 2011.

What else can I do to market and increase sales/exposure of my site? I've created a fan page on Facebook that has over 800 dedicated fans and counting, I've created a twitter but really not sure how to utilize it as I only have 5 followers, submitted my site to the most well known and trusted search engines, and paying Facebook to advertise.

Not sure if this is related or not but I must ask:

- How can I convert my visitors to paying customers (As you see on my site on the wibiya bar I have tons of visitors but have not got one sales since I've re-vamped my site).

- How can I get my fans on Facebook to become customers?

- Anything to improve, add, or remove on the site?

Here is my website to review: http://www.gatsbywax.com

Thank you for the help! :cool:

GatsbyWax, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  2. WaldorfPC

WaldorfPC Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there:

I have some suggestions that may help you.

1. You can make the text catchier. Your copywriting should tell your customers why they should do business with you. You need to appeal to them psychologically, telling them that you are the best there ever was and make them think they need yu. You can get some help with copywriting by going to http://www.turnwordsintocash.com The product is by Dan Lock and is absolutely awesome.

2. You can write articles about your particular nich, providing information and giving suggestions and recommendations to potential clients. Submit them to top directories, like Ezine Articles. Doing this will attract a whole lot of good traffic.

3. Increase your search engine ranking. Doing this will make it easy for customers to find you. Some good help on SEO can be found at http://guides.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-search-engine-optimization The guide is for beginners, but it contains some great information.

4. Concerning your Twitter, you can tweet interesting things that your clients will want to know, such as updates, promotions, and overall information. Share some tips and tricks, too. Remember to use keywords in your tweet and put the # sign before your key words or phrases. You would write them like this:

A protein rich diet is very effective for #WeightLoss.

Notice, in thetweet, the words "weight loss" are put together. This is because that is how Twitter keywords and phrases work. Of course, if you are just using a single keyword, you'd put the # sign before it.

I hope that i have helped. I hope that all goes well.

WaldorfPC, Jan 26, 2011 IP
    seodash likes this.
  3. jmbinfo

jmbinfo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problem #1 - What the heck is this stuff? You are assuming people know as much about your product as you do. If someone on my facebook sent me this page saying "check this out...it is what I use" I would visit the link, and wouldn't have a clue what it was. How about a "What is Moving Rubber?" link.

Problem #2 - Give people a reason to give you their information. The best way, and cheapest way, is to give something away. Here is an example:
    Win a year's supply of Gatsby Wax ( whatever that is :) - Create a quick YouTube video review of one of our products. The top 10 will be put on a page for all to vote on the winner.

jmbinfo, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  4. WaldorfPC

WaldorfPC Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think that he is a beginner, and that is okay. We all were at one time. I mean, you have to start somewhere. I hope that the resources I recommended will help him. He really has good potential. He just needs some work, and I think he will be fine.

WaldorfPC, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  5. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    If you like to get more targeted visitors to your site, then I suggest you to market your site at twitter. Follow your niche interested people at twitter & tweet your site link. On that way you will get some targeted visitors. Also link exchange with your niche related websites/blogs can help you to get targeted traffic & boost your rank in search engine.

Imdadc, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  6. GatsbyWax

GatsbyWax Peon

Best Answers:
    How can I get more followers on twitter though that is my main concern or is there something on twitter which allows me to tweet and non followers can see it? Sorry I'm a newbie with twitter.

GatsbyWax, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  7. GatsbyWax

GatsbyWax Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you this is great information, how could I solve problems 1 and 2 would creating an informal ad banner or something be relevant?

8. GatsbyWax

GatsbyWax Peon

Best Answers:
    This information was very, very helpful I thank you.

I just have a couple questions:

1. How could I make the text catchier? I have made a "why buy from us" at the bottom of the page but should this be more revealed if so where should I put it..I was thinking as a banner.

Do you have any tips on how to increase sales? And convert visitors into paying customers because as you see on the Wibiya tool bar and clicking online we have TONS of visitors but hardly any sales! Same thing with Facebook over 800+ fans yet not one person ordered on there if I could convert even less then half that would be great.

9. Dahere

Dahere Member

Best Answers:
    Site looks good but personally I would have descriptive paragraphs for each product show its benefits and differences from the other.

Dahere, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  10. Ryzon

Ryzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

I am going to comment on gaining more exposure ONLY, as I beleive your other points have been answered!

Try using FREE traffic generating methods to gain instant exposure and hence more EARNINGS :cool:

Some of the few methods that come to mind are
    • Article Marketing
    • Forum Marketing
    • Video Marketing
    • Blog Posting/Commenting
    • PPC
    The above are just a FEW of the PROVEN methods that work for many.

Good Luck!

Ryzon, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  11. GatsbyWax

GatsbyWax Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, these are most of the common points always given to me but I do appreciate it regardless. Can you elaborate more on each topic?

Thank you!

GatsbyWax, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  12. GatsbyWax

GatsbyWax Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you glad the site looks good, were working hard to add much more descriptive paragraphs and are implementing informative subjects such as "What is moving rubber" as an example but in all sense to describe what the products are and why they are better then anything else on the market as well adding "Why buy from us?" and describing detail by detail but keeping it simple why exactly customers should buy from us and not from anyone else.

Thanks again and let me know if there's anything I should have add, edited or removed on the site.

GatsbyWax, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  13. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site indeed. Look like you put a lot of hard work and time into it. Beside the heading and some minors banner issues, I think everything else looks good.

Justin_Dupre, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  14. GatsbyWax

GatsbyWax Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much I appreciate that, what is the problem with the heading and issues with the banner and which manner the side bars? My best bet is to just keep doing some small - medium marketing and just wait I presume? To be honest I'm surprised I'm ranked quite high and my new sites been up for only 2 weeks and is not even fully indexed by search engines yet.

GatsbyWax, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  15. prefiber

prefiber Peon

Best Answers:
    Something that wouldn't get you more customers but might get other companies interested in advertising on your website is moving that bannerspace somewhere more prominent.

prefiber, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  16. GatsbyWax

GatsbyWax Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea, where do you recommend we should put it and were thinking of putting some sidebar ad space where it says "What is Gatsby" under those button at the bottom. Were kind of limited on where we can put things but what is your suggestion?

GatsbyWax, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  17. trafficforfree

trafficforfree Peon

Best Answers:
    You may want to try making a Squidoo lens and Hupage hub for each of your products and link back to your website. Also to get more targeted twitter followers, you should follow the people following your rivals on twitter. This way know that they are already interested in this kind of product.

trafficforfree, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  18. afsportsbets

afsportsbets Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you are not getting sales because it took me a good 25 -40 seconds to realize that you are selling hair products. I'd suggest an opening paragraph (5 lines) which say what you are selling, why people should buy and why this is better than other stuff. If you are getting plenty of visitors and no sales then you are getting visitors that don't want your product or have no need for your product (Or like me, don't know what it is you are selling). The idea for "trafficforfree" above is the best advice you have recieved in this thread about what to do about gaining traffic, but until you have an opening paragraph you are going to have all of these visitors bounce away from your site. Good Luck

afsportsbets, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  19. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kiranraj, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  20. simonmathew

simonmathew Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is the best process to promote your website. Only social website can't work for you. SEO contains many process. If you follow that with the help of experts, it will sure make impact.

simonmathew, Jan 31, 2011 IP